Texting scam? Really high offer to buy my house.

yeah pending appraisal blah blab blah.. it will soon be 50% market price.
any serious offer wouldnt be sent by text spammer.
Yea, this. I get those and emails all the time.

Sometimes I'll respond with 'you can have my lot and everything on it for 3 million.'

*crickets*

Never know when you'll find some old rich crazy person to come up with the cash. I would grab my clothes and go for that amount though, they can even have the cars and the camper.

I get letters in the mail asking to buy my acreage pretty regularly. But the "cash offer" on those are so low they're just a slap in the face.

Delete and report spam
I was going to say that this was a text he's referring to but yeah, that's what iPhones say when you delete a text. I've never used it but see it there each time. I'm curious what the "report" part actually does. Simply block the phone # ?

I get letters in the mail asking to buy my acreage pretty regularly. But the "cash offer" on those are so low they're just a slap in the face.
I guess there must be enough suckers who fall for it because there is a reason why they can afford to keep sending out the letters.

I'm curious what the "report" part actually does. Simply block the phone # ?
Me too. You know for sure it blocks the number?
I guess there must be enough suckers who fall for it because there is a reason why they can afford to keep sending out the letters.
It's so cheap to send out texts. Ha-Now that 1st class postage has jumped from 66 to 68 cents, we'll see more such spam.

Me too. You know for sure it blocks the number?
I Googled it after posting and found an Apple support article. No, it doesn't block the number though and all they say is "Reporting junk or spam doesn’t prevent the sender from sending messages". I'm guessing they report the number to phone carriers who eventually flag the number as "Suspected spam" or whatever term each carrier uses. On Verizon, some numbers come up as "Potential Spam" when they call. Not sure what it does, if anything, with texts though.

... and fall for email spams from Nigerian royalty or warranty expiring notices / offers for vehicles or pop-up malware telling you to call and pay $99.99 and they'll "clean" your PC.

Back