Texas

Yes, that is the top tax rate. Been looking in Texas, Tennessee, etc. CA property taxes aren't that much higher percentage wise...though property values are pathetically high even with these lockdowns. Really amazing here. Using my equity and some cash to not have a mortgage sounds enticing for a house of equal or more size. Appreciate everybody's info.
That’s the heart of the matter … compare the cost of a 2500 SF crib as the tax base …

Oh, sorry.
I don't know the education requirements. I always hear on the news and the newspapers that La. has a HUGE shortage of teachers and jobs in the education fields. Google La. education jobs and I'm sure you will get a few pages of results.

I'll have to ask her about Louisiana. We're talking college level positions.

Welcome to Texas but please leave any liberal California ideas there :)

As I stated earlier that won't be a problem in my case. I actually had this conversation with my wife wondering if her employment application might be less attractive due to being from California given current political climate? Is what it is and will take some time to find the right home for our family. Thanks for all the info and support. Always a welcoming place here (unless in oil additive section 😂🤣😅🤣😂). Just a joke 😉. Take care all.

I really want to say "California sucks" but we have some cool posters from there so that doesn't seem like a fair statement to make.

I really want to say "California sucks" but we have some cool posters from there so that doesn't seem like a fair statement to make.

Appreciate that. Grew up here all my life and live in a (used to be) sane County. Very sad to be honest. Anyway, looking to the future and a new start. I just turned 41 and my kids are young so a good time to make a move in my opinion. Very appreciative for all the help.

Louisiana has plenty of crawfish. That's a plus. And, there are BOO KOO education job opportunities here. ;)

My buddy, a CT transplant, tried to get me to come down there to work at his power plant around eight years ago; however, the horrible school systems made that an immediate "no, thanks", considering I was planning on having kids. You guys were ranked #50 back then and, based on a quick Google search, you're still right around there.

I come from a state with crappy school systems and had to make that up as an ungrad. I'll be darned if I don't make education a priority for my kids.

RE: crawfish: we order 10-30# each year, over-nighted, and do our own boil. Awesome time. I'm sure it's a HECKUVA lot cheaper to get down there; same goes for shrimp!

/

I'm glad the OP is looking out for his kids, too, especially at their age.

I went through the New York school system and I was always pretty smart.

Back