Tesla Stock

He had to say something to run the stock up even if its a bald faced lie. I can see him sending out a couple of flunkies out to push a story to run the stock down, let some friends or himself buy it and then deny the story. Once people have stopped drinking the Koolaid bad things are coming for the muskrat.
Yeah he never said anything concrete about this affordable EV model like the redwood project which still seems to be canceled as if there was a more affordable car like the model 2 he would have just said so plainly like he did with the robo taxi that's years away. He's probably going to release a slightly cheapened model 3 and/or Y as that does technically fit the bill for what he stated he would do.

He had to say something to run the stock up even if its a bald faced lie. I can see him sending out a couple of flunkies out to push a story to run the stock down, let some friends or himself buy it and then deny the story. Once people have stopped drinking the Koolaid bad things are coming for the muskrat.
Numbers dont lie but give food for speculators that something might come good of something as Tesla has been a train wreck the past 2 years. They need a new CEO and a new board. It is impossible stock to figure out because the price is not based on earnings, it's based on speculation as to its future. Nothing wrong with that at all, sadly though people do not know what they are getting into at times and they listen to stock advisors who disappear into the shadows when a train wreck like Tesla happens.
If you know you are speculating that is fine, no different than mining for oil or minerals or a new company.

There is no doubt they are scrambling and grabbing at straws now that the cyber truck is out of the way. The company right now is in the toilet, it's contracting not growing, they need to turn it around. Place your bets and you maybe rewarded OR lose.

Last edited:
Where is your trade and what date did you buy it?
I get your a long term investor and that is ok, you are speculating that Tesla will get its act together. Nothing wrong with that.
Im short term trading and I want to point out that last year, getting close to or at this time of year you posted how great Tesla was doing YTD after its rebound of going down to near $100 a share from near $400 a share. I replied by posting 1 year or 2 or 3 cant remember.

I pointed out Its easy to cherry pick data to fit a post and you did it again here posting a ten year track history of the stock, Yet in 7 of those 10 years Tesla lost money, GM made money all 10 years in fact their worst profit year in those 10 years was close to Tesla's best profit year.

Anyway, since you did the opposite this year and posted a 10 year track record here is Tesla YTD numbers. Down 35% this year
View attachment 215871

Tesla 1 year graph;
View attachment 215873

GM below;
View attachment 215872

GM 1 year graph;
View attachment 215881
I started buying TSLA in later 2020. I know, should have been earlier.

I’ve learned even if I don’t like a certain company (any company) if I can make some quick cash I’ll buy it and ride the momentum up until I start getting antsy.

I still believe once recession hits after the election….. many companies will be in big trouble.

Last edited:
I’ve learned even if I don’t like a certain company (any company) if I can make some quick cash I’ll buy it and ride the momentum up until I start getting antsy.

I still believe once recession hits after the election….. many companies will be in big trouble.
Very true, I truly, honestly thought of buying Tesla at the end of the day on Tuesday to sell Wed morning *LOL* then I got scared because to me that was real gambling based on nothing I could put my finger on other then sometimes I have this thing about me that tells me I should do something but I dont because I cant find a reasonable explanation not sure what you call it. maybe intuition ?.

No doubt money to be made in this always active stock but you never know how long it may go ... *LOL*

Yeah he never said anything concrete about this affordable EV model like the redwood project which still seems to be canceled as if there was a more affordable car like the model 2 he would have just said so plainly like he did with the robo taxi that's years away. He's probably going to release a slightly cheapened model 3 and/or Y as that does technically fit the bill for what he stated he would do.

I wonder how much the Model 2 has been ‘finalized’ and how much still needs to be engineered ?

We shall see how things play out in the next year.

I wonder how much the Model 2 has been ‘finalized’ and how much still needs to be engineered ?

We shall see how things play out in the next year.
I think he also alluded to what it will be called.
I can’t help but wonder if it will be some kind of stripped down Model 3 on the same platform

Exactly what would you strip down? Seats, steering wheel, windshield?
I have wondered that myself in my post 🤣

I honestly don’t know, creature comforts?
Motor? Battery range.? Wheels tires?
You asked me a great question and I was thinking about that when I was posting and I really don’t know.
I was just thinking that I was reading between the lines of Tesla, not committing to a vehicle name and the emphasis on how the production line was going to be the same.

You asked me a great question and I was thinking about that when I was posting and I really don’t know.
I was just thinking that I was reading between the lines of Tesla, not committing to a vehicle name and the emphasis on how the production line was going to be the same.
Unless you delete the heated seats, there's nothing to change in the interior. The center tablet is exactly that, a connected tablet. It's no different than a cellular iPad that happens to also have climate controls. It's a multimedia station with music apps and Google maps. I guess you could get rid of the soft touch materials and use plastic. Contrary to what most seem to think, there's actually a lot of soft touch materials in the interior.

Elon, Tesla and the Board of Directors will build whatever product that in their best judgement will sell. If they have decided that it is better to use their resources to build Robotaxis instead of the rumored Model 2, that's what they will do. If they have to layoff large numbers of personnel, whether factory workers or office workers and whether temporarily or permanently, that's what they will do. They aren't being bullied by the UAW.

Whatever their decisions are in the short term and semi-long term, even with their lackluster performance in the last year they still have the ability to turn on a dime and throw massive amounts of capital towards whatever decision they make. No other automaker is in that position.
P/E ratios, blah blah blah. Nothing that applies to other automakers applies to Tesla except in very, very general ways. They are a Tech Company that makes automobiles along with other products. Their long term prognocis is still quite positive. When the economy turns around and when a few of their other products that are currently in development hit the market then TSLA will once again be the darlings of the investor market. Well, that's my best guess anyway......

The other automakers will for the most part still be mired in mediocraty and struggling to make more than 10% profit. And also have huge unfunded pension liabilities and be just around the corner from bankruptcy.

think of the weight reduction if those fancy seats are replaced with bundles of hay. cheap, recyclable, eco friendly, give it to the farm animals later.

TSLA is up over 17% since the call... I guess they aren't belly up yet?
The roller coaster continues...
I dont see them going belly up. They may get down to industry valuations one day, so far their track record is pretty poor to say the least.
The stock in it present form is worth closer to $60 a share, speculators have it at $160 but its been in and continues a downward spiral even from just last year as the chart shows and multi year downward from $390 a share. It needs to break this downward pattern and a 17% bump doesnt do it. One must remember the market itself is at an all time high and Tesla counteracting the market by going down..

Risk - reward, place your bets.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 9.52.03 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe TSLA is really only worth $60 a share. Ford Motor Company is currently about $13, The (no surprise) news that they lost money on every EV they made plus their seeming inability to produce cars without frequent, massive and costly recalls sure doesn't help. The recent recall of something like 456,000 vehicles makes me just shake my head. How much did it cost Ford in terms of parts, labor and administrative costs for each vehicle that was recalled ? I'd think $100 would be quite conservative. That's more than $45 million down the toilet.

GM is worth more than 3X of Ford, they are currently around $45 per share.

TSLA is only manufacturing 5 models. They Model X sales are low and the Cybertruck is barely off the ground. How many models are Ford and GM producing (ICE + EV combined) ? If TSLA exceeds Ford and GM by even 20% in valuation in the next couple of years I'd say they are still quite successful. Even after cratering in value in the last year they are currently beating the pants off of their competition.

What does the future hold for Ford and GM ? Not much to speculate about. On the other hand, if Tesla does succeed in bringing their other products to market there are going to be a lot of stockholders with a nice nest egg. Or maybe not. But at least they have a ray of hope. Other automakers ? I wish them luck.

Maybe TSLA is really only worth $60 a share. Ford Motor Company is currently about $13, The (no surprise) news that they lost money on every EV they made plus their seeming inability to produce cars without frequent, massive and costly recalls sure doesn't help. The recent recall of something like 456,000 vehicles makes me just shake my head. How much did it cost Ford in terms of parts, labor and administrative costs for each vehicle that was recalled ? I'd think $100 would be quite conservative. That's more than $45 million down the toilet.

GM is worth more than 3X of Ford, they are currently around $45 per share.

TSLA is only manufacturing 5 models. They Model X sales are low and the Cybertruck is barely off the ground. How many models are Ford and GM producing (ICE + EV combined) ? If TSLA exceeds Ford and GM by even 20% in valuation in the next couple of years I'd say they are still quite successful. Even after cratering in value in the last year they are currently beating the pants off of their competition.

What does the future hold for Ford and GM ? Not much to speculate about. On the other hand, if Tesla does succeed in bringing their other products to market there are going to be a lot of stockholders with a nice nest egg. Or maybe not. But at least they have a ray of hope. Other automakers ? I wish them luck.
Ford revenue up 3% and net income up 24% 1st quarter 2024 (I dont follow Ford, info is readily available.)

GM net revenue up 1st quarter 2024 up 7.6% TO 43 billion - net income up 15%, Earnings per share up 51%

Tesla revenue goes negative 9%, net income negative 55%, Free cash flow negative 674%

There is no denying this was not the way things were supposed to be going for a company that the CEO said not to long ago, "we need 50% growth rates. " I wish Tesla luck, they need it far more then the big legacy manufacturers which includes the biggest of all = Toyota , I have nothing against Tesla except twisting facts and figures/numbers that cant be twisted.

Edit - (source Barrons)
Tesla Generated about $3000 in profit per vehicle sold
Ford Generated about $2,700 in profit per vehicle sold
GM Generated $4,300 in profit per vehicle sold

Toyota and Honda announce billions in new spending, Honda investing 11 billion in Ontario, Toyota another 1.4 billion at its plant in Princeton Indiana

Last edited:
Back