Tesla Stock

I wish I was kidding. I can't believe people are falling for another one of Musk's lies.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

They'll make the Model 2 in existing factories, that gave it a pop. I hope they run it up again, and I'll look at Puts again.

Didn't they cancel that project recently?
Yes, but that changed, now they will be making them in existing plants instead of new plants now, so the stock popped when Elon made the statement. He does things like that from time to time. It will be a year or more I think for it to happen. I heard this news this morning so it's fresh off the press. One of our TSLA fans might be better versed.

They did and when it looked like there was going to be a major decline muskrat put it back on the table to sooth the stock holders before taking it off the table again later. This is a game he plays so I am surprised they have not caught on.
Yep, he had to do something. It might happen, but not anytime soon. lol we were posting at the same time.

They did and when it looked like there was going to be a major decline muskrat put it back on the table to sooth the stock holders before taking it off the table again later. This is a game he plays so I am surprised they have not caught on.
Yeah I figured, i'm guessing these Tesla devouts aren't the brightest cause from what I listened to Elon said he only wants those that are with him on everything and those that aren't in lockstep with him to disappear. He was also saying something about not worrying about the stock and that "you simply don't understand" if you are worried about its price if you don't see the future. I'm going to be honest this sounds like some penny stock CEO kind of stuff. I don't see this thing having good earnings next quarter either. I don't see the piling up inventory not getting worse.

So I looked into the numbers just now after listening to the earnings call first when driving home. I see that they missed on all the numbers, they have poor guidance, they have inventory piling up and that's considering they cut prices a ton and they also have a 299 lease, have negative cash flows, interest rates aren't going to be dropping during the period before the next earnings it seems yet the darn thing goes up a bunch? Is this being manipulated so it can drop hard tomorrow or at least soon. I've read that the institutions or market makers like to manipulate the trader stocks and they do so in the after hours since apparently it's lower float meaning easier to manipulate but i don't know how much effect that can have.

They were talking about how robotaxi is the future and because of that the future growth is mostly justified on that but i beg to differ. They also said they'd have an "affordable" car but they shelved their newest budget car and claim they can make their manufacturing more efficient but you can't cut costs that much from production efficiency improvement and especially now since this isn't 2017 so I don't know about that. But i couldn't help but notice that elon was being both avoidant of questions and an absolutist when it came to people either being with him in lockstep or not and can go away. I generally like elon more for his stances but i don't know about this one.
Well said,
A long time ago I learned not to fight the market, so I look at Tesla as "it is what it is" Im not surprised the jump and I wont be surprised if the stock gets sliced in half in a few months or less or goes up to two hundred, just remember it would have to go up almost 100% from there to get to its all time high of years ago.

You cant put a value on speculation, just look at where bitcoin is priced. A fleeting moment yesterday I thought the stock might make a big jump like this, based on nothing.
So Tesla's cars so far are turning into a flop. Nothing the rest of the industry isnt turning out. The company itself made a significant profit in the two last years out of the last 15. They were the trendsetter for EVs, no doubt about it, the cars and charging system do work as good as a Swiss watch. It's just hard for them to make a profit or justify the sky high P/E ratio in an industry that has been around for over 100 years. There isnt much new here.

So we have to believe in big profits with Robots and Self Driving cars a long way off but the market is jubilant that by the end of the year Tesla will be turning out a stripped down Model 3 (for lack of better words) as its basically going to use the same assembly line. It would seem that for some reason they had trouble coming out with something on a fresh slate... but we will know next year. Believers will believe this is going to be a big deal, I hope it is, competition is nice but Tesla is now dealing from a much weaker position. I dont even think its believers are convinced the Musk should remain at the company. I said it before, I think he should go. What do I know?
Two loyal top executives have left, of which we will never know the reason but there was a good one.

Anyway, dont fight the market. the stock price never made sense, if you can get in, take a profit and get out good deal. Many people made a fortune on it. Many misinformed took a bath and lost a fortune and will never recover. Here is an article that matches your prospective which is much like mine. But the same publication also features an article on the positive perspective, so for all of you, pick your poison. I stay away from poison but sometimes will dabble in it, not this one yet.

Last edited:
So Elon took from April 5 to April 24 to deny it? Maybe he was loading up on shares? Asking for a friend.
Musk called the Reuters article a lie on April 5th. When a Tesla exec (not sure of his name) was asked about it, he responded with something like, "Just wait and see..."
Maybe remind your friend to not believe everything he reads on the Internet; Tesla and especially anything Musk gets clicks and sells.

1713968916423.jpg

Last edited:
Musk called the Reuters article a lie on April 5th. When a Tesla exec (not sure of his name) was asked about it, he responded with something like, "Just wait and see..."
Maybe tell your friend to not believe everything he reads on the Internet; Tesla and especially anything Musk gets clicks and sells.

View attachment 215855
Will do, funny how he got the pop after a horrible report, and CNBC airing the Model 2 will be made in the existing plants bright and early this morning. My fingers are crossed they run it up again. ;)

Will do, funny how he got the pop after a horrible report, and CNBC airing the Model 2 will be made in the existing plants bright and early this morning. My fingers are crossed they run it up again. ;)
The stock market tends to be reactionary in the short term. Why does 1 quarter doom a company (and their stock)? Conversely, why do some stock price run up like crazy? Musk famously said TSLA was too high.

IMO, Tesla's Q1 report was horrible only by Tesla's standards. GM, Ford, VW, Toyota and the rest would kill for Tesla margins. Show me any car company that pours its money into new factories and production lines. Revenue reserves were down due to inventory growth; that money comes back when the cars sell.

I am a long term investor. I wish I had bought TSLA 10 years ago at somewhere around $15. I missed the boat, but my modest TSLA holdings have a 15% gain as of today. Better than a sharp stick in the eye, as they say.
1713970083148.jpg

Conversely, what has GM, for example, done over the past 10 years?
1713971182984.jpg

Last edited:
The stock market tends to be reactionary in the short term. Why does 1 quarter doom a company (and their stock)? Conversely, why do some stock price run up like crazy? Musk famously said TSLA was too high.

IMO, Tesla's Q1 report was horrible only by Tesla's standards. GM, Ford, VW, Toyota and the rest would kill for Tesla margins. Show me any car company that pours its money into new factories and production lines. Revenue reserves were down due to inventory growth; that money comes back when the cars sell.

I am a long term investor. I wish I had bought TSLA 10 years ago at somewhere around $15. I missed the boat, but my modest TSLA holdings have a 15% gain as of today. Better than a sharp stick in the eye, as they say.
View attachment 215860
View attachment 215864
Thanks I know how the markets work, and how volatile TSLA is. I'll limit to that, not to go off an a tangent or ruffle feathers. Having said that I hope they run TSLA up nice and high, lets say I like to play companies and products I dislike in reverse. ;)

Didn't they cancel that project recently?
Tesla has not responded and evading the question which means it was true what was reported.
If it wasn’t true, there would’ve been a heck of a lawsuit against Reuters from Tesla. Anybody who thinks any different is living out in space someplace. I’m quite shocked from some intelligent people in this forum to suggest otherwise, come on already.

Tesla has announced that they will build a cheaper car, but let’s be real. It was not what it was supposed to be as originally suggested by musk when he mentioned a model two sometime back

Now it will be a compromise built on the same assembly line and that’s OK, but let’s not say and spread false information that the Reuters news story was incorrect, to deny the accuracy of the story is laughable

Last edited:

View attachment 215860
View attachment 215864
Where is your trade and what date did you buy it?
I get your a long term investor and that is ok, you are speculating that Tesla will get its act together. Nothing wrong with that.
Im short term trading and I want to point out that last year, getting close to or at this time of year you posted how great Tesla was doing YTD after its rebound of going down to near $100 a share from near $400 a share. I replied by posting 1 year or 2 or 3 cant remember.

I pointed out Its easy to cherry pick data to fit a post and you did it again here posting a ten year track history of the stock, Yet in 7 of those 10 years Tesla lost money, GM made money all 10 years in fact their worst profit year in those 10 years was close to Tesla's best profit year.

Anyway, since you did the opposite this year and posted a 10 year track record here is Tesla YTD numbers. Down 35% this year
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 11.58.17 AM.jpg

Tesla 1 year graph;
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 12.10.21 PM.jpg

GM below;
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 11.58.37 AM.jpg

GM 1 year graph;
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 12.09.53 PM.jpg

Last edited:
He had to say something to run the stock up even if its a bald faced lie. I can see him sending out a couple of flunkies out to push a story to run the stock down, let some friends or himself buy it and then deny the story. Once people have stopped drinking the Koolaid bad things are coming for the muskrat.

Back