Tesla robot ATTACKS an engineer at company's Texas factory during violent malfunction

people are not afraid of robots. they are afraid of what will replace them. hence why the many Terminator memes. make no mistake. it will happen. robots are actually pretty much very old news. in fact, the first fully functional industrial robot appeared in the US in 1962.

When I worked my way through college in the summers by working in a local steel mill a couple of those Summers I had a job working in the Coke Ovens. They had a charging machine that was up on top of the Coke Ovens and they told me that it was so automated that when they got it it was able to charge the Coke Ovens without a human being being on board to control it. So one of the fellows who remained anonymous pulled the lids on a battery and parked it over top of the open lids to cook it to death so that the automation of it would no longer function. They rewired it enough so that it could be ran manually but never fixed it to be fully automated after that. The rumor was that the company was saying that they had no intentions of using it without somebody actually being on board to oversee it but I guess that the guys up on top of the cook ovens didn't see it that way.

Reporters and the reports they write are just getting dumber and dumber.:mad:
They aren't reporters. That's the problem. They are journalists. A report is a compilation of facts presented accurately and truthfully. A journal is a compilation of thoughts and feelings and ideas randomly created and presented. A reporter researches and studies and checks and organizes and prepares to factually present the truth. A journalist throws together whatever supports and furthers their feelings and agendas and bolsters their journal of blarney. No reporters or reporting is the problem.

Can you send a bad robot to HR?
If so, do they have to take a sensitivity training course?
What if it whistles at another sexy robot?
“Pull the lever Kronk!”
IMG_9319.jpeg

It sounds to me like someone decided it was a great idea to stand in front of a powered up robot made to chuck scrap metal down a chute, so he got chucked down a chute.

They aren't reporters. That's the problem. They are journalists. A report is a compilation of facts presented accurately and truthfully. A journal is a compilation of thoughts and feelings and ideas randomly created and presented. A reporter researches and studies and checks and organizes and prepares to factually present the truth. A journalist throws together whatever supports and furthers their feelings and agendas and bolsters their journal of blarney. No reporters or reporting is the problem.
Agree, but this stuff is published because it sells.

This statement is pretty alarming.

Data shows one in every 21 Giga Texas workers was injured on the job in 2022

I work in a factory with 1500 people in it. There has maybe been about 4/5 injuries in the year, and most of those have been extremely minor such as cut fingers due to someone not bothering to wear gloves.

This statement is pretty alarming.

Data shows one in every 21 Giga Texas workers was injured on the job in 2022

I work in a factory with 1500 people in it. There has maybe been about 4/5 injuries in the year, and most of those have been extremely minor such as cut fingers due to someone not bothering to wear gloves.
Your factory is not the USA and in the USA the MEDAIN injury rate is 30. So half is higher injury rate than 30 and half lower.
Manufacturing automobiles most likely is an injury rate higher than 30 and like you say most can be cut fingers due to not wearing gloves.
This is not to say that Tesla can not do some improving but seems to be well within industry averages for the AUTO industry.
Got to love the sensationalize so called "news" stories that the public "laps" up everyday from the media. Gosh it's scary what we are becoming without facts. Here they are, and according to this, Tesla actually is right in line with the industry but you would never know it reading mass media.

My complaint is that safety seems to be an afterthought for Tesla as a whole.
Yes....like Ford and their ‘exploding Pintos’ and GM with their defective ‘ignition switch’ which claimed the lives of 176 people.

Back