Tesla model Y review

Actually, the stereo sounded pretty good to my son and I. We were cranking up Stevie Ray Vaughan, Los Lonely Boys and ZZ Top ‘cause, Texas.

That is why Tesla doesn’t offer premium audio. Why would you need good audio when you have to do voice commands for everything?
My car has premium audio and is the best car system I have ever heard. Puts the Mark Levinson systems in our 2 Lexi to shame. The sound system gets tons of praise from passengers. One of my favorite uses of the Model 3 is to go for a spin and play music due to the quality.

My car has premium audio and is the best car system I have ever heard. Puts the Mark Levinson systems in our 2 Lexi to shame. The sound system gets tons of praise from passengers. One of my favorite uses of the Model 3 is to go for a spin and play music due to the quality.
I don’t know what you listened before, but Tesla is using Lear products. They are bottom feeders. BMW used them 2008-2011 when recession hit for their base audio.
Also, for sound reproduction, cheap materials help. Cheaper interior, less investment in audio.

I don’t know what you listened before, but Tesla is using Lear products. They are bottom feeders. BMW used them 2008-2011 when recession hit for their base audio.
Also, for sound reproduction, cheap materials help. Cheaper interior, less investment in audio.
Well, in my post I mentioned the ML systems in our 2 Lexi, did you see that? These are good, but the Tesla is definitely better, more detailed. It can be mesmerizing.
In my Tundra I added a powered sub and a pair of Infiniti speakers to a JVC head unit, OK for a pickup.
The TSX is stock and isn't bad. Honda uses Alpine, or used to. Not top end Alpine...
At home I use a Creek integrated with Monitor Audio speakers and a Velodyne sub.
Similar system for the TV surround, with a Denon amp. Additional rear speakers in the ceiling from a high end shop. I get a lotta compliments on this setup. The Denon is better than I thought, but I prefer Onk for commercial stuff.

The Tesla Premium Audio is considered to be one of the best out today. I understand the base Model 3 does not come with Premium Sound, not sure. Things have changed since I bought.

Well, in my post I mentioned the ML systems in our 2 Lexi, did you see that? These are good, but the Tesla is definitely better, more detailed. It can be mesmerizing.
In my Tundra I added a powered sub and a pair of Infiniti speakers to a JVC head unit, OK for a pickup.
The TSX is stock and isn't bad. Honda uses Alpine, or used to. Not top end Alpine...
At home I use a Creek integrated with Monitor Audio speakers and a Velodyne sub.
Similar system for the TV surround, with a Denon amp. Additional rear speakers in the ceiling from a high end shop. I get a lotta compliments on this setup. The Denon is better than I thought, but I prefer Onk for commercial stuff.

The Tesla Premium Audio is considered to be one of the best out today. I understand the base Model 3 does not come with Premium Sound, not sure. Things have changed since I bought.
I did see ML. ML is seldom used, primarily by Lexus. It is OK, I would say. There is much more going into audio, including the interior, and no, I was not making fun of Tesla's interior. Lexus is definitely using better materials; it will have an effect on audio.
Tesla is using Lear, probably Alpine, for HU. That is about it.
That video is an insult to intelligence. But I did not know it does not have a center speaker. Talking about cheap stuff.

I did see ML. ML is seldom used, primarily by Lexus. It is OK, I would say. There is much more going into audio, including the interior, and no, I was not making fun of Tesla's interior. Lexus is definitely using better materials; it will have an effect on audio.
That video is an insult to intelligence. But I did not know it does not have a center speaker. Talking about cheap stuff.
He was talking about how it sounds. To him, it sounds great. In fact much better than his other premium sound systems. He was not talking about the system's "materials."

Does it matter what a camera is made of if it takes the best pictures you have ever seen?

I have the Tesla in my signature with premium audio and I also have a 2021 Lexus ES300h with Mark Levinson. The Mark Levinson in the lexus is WAY superior than the Tesla. Heck the Tesla's audio system is probably the worst I have heard of all the luxury cars I have owned.

Tesla does not use Alpine for head unit. It’s in-house.

Why not use voice commands? Push the right steering wheel button with your thumb and say, "Call wifey." or whatever. Don't even take your eyes off the road.
I use voice commands a lot via Android Auto. It's super easy to do common tasks without taking your eyes off the road. But I don't know anyone in my circle of family and friends who even likes to use Android Auto/Apple Car Play at all even though their cars support it.

Meanwhile regarding this review itself, what would be interesting is comparing this to the ID.4 as they are similar sizes. Obviously the Model Y has more power, but I have driven my parents ID.4 for a week while they were on vacation and never found it wanting for more power. They have the Pro S model with the larger battery and it's a 2023. I would guess your average reviewer would comment that the ID.4 is more like a normal car. Probably the biggest downside is that the ID.4 doesn't have a frunk, although there's enough cargo room behind the back seats for most people.

Back