Tesla Cybertruck Hit With Stop-Sale Because of Unintended Acceleratiom Report

It's actually smaller than what was originally proposed and specs.
I actually didn't see the size of it to be that shocking, but I may have had a different reaction if I hadn't went to look at the F150 Lightning the day before. I think the proportions do a lot towards making it look bigger than it actually is. It's not small, that's for sure, but it's more comparable in size to the other full size trucks on the market.

The hummer H1 has actual offroad credibility and didn't break down 5 miles after delivery nor have the type of gremlins that the cybertruck has.
The Humvee had plenty of time to get flushed out and government contract money to service a purpose. The H1 was the culmination of all of that with some leather, shiny paint, and some creature comforts added in. If the H1 was having day one release problems at that stage it would have been a much bigger problem even than this is.

That said image wise they're both used for the same thing for the average buyer of either. The most common place I've seen H1 Hummers were parking spaces at the Scottsdale Fashion Square when I lived in the area. I don't think I've seen one in many years though. I'm not sure I'd want to tear up something I spent that much money on either though even if it can handle it. I wouldn't want to scratch the paint and I doubt most of them would either.

For attention and gawkers to look at them, similar to the Hummer H1.
I got to admit, to me, that Hummer looks awesome and the new EV does too.
When my daughter was in middle and HS they were quite common (or better said NOT uncommon) on the roads and that of some of her friends families were we lived.
Wife and I saw the EV version some months back, boy I got to admit, if you want a truck that looks like a truck and provide the room of a moving living room, to us looked gorgeous. Sorry to those who feel those people are "look at me people" but to us there is no denying the appeal of the look.

When my daughter was in middle and HS they were quite common (or better said NOT uncommon) on the roads and that of some of her friends families were we lived.
Wife and I saw the EV version some months back, boy I got to admit, if you want a truck that looks like a truck and provide the room of a moving living room, to us looked gorgeous. Sorry to those who feel those people are "look at me people" but to us there is no denying the appeal of the look.
My ex next door neighbors had 2 Hummers. Neither one fit in the garage. Pretty stupid vehicle IMO.

It does look cool and there’s no denying it looks like a Hummer. I don’t understand how they got to the weight of 9.2k lbs though. I need to look into the technical information. I know the battery is huge, but I would have thought if there was somewhere to save weight to extend range they would.

I like the look of it for the same reason I like the look of the Lightning. It looks like a truck separate from being EV. I don’t love the look of the Silverado EV, but the regular Silverado has grown on me. I don’t think I’ve seen enough of it because I didn’t like the regular Silverado originally either. It’s a segment I didn’t think I’d seriously look into but with some new projects going on that will be a continuous gardening project with the wife and a plan to get a camper for short runs in a few years there isn’t really a solution that does any of this without being costly on gas as a daily. I don’t really want to throw dirt in back hatch of my car. It would be nice to get a smaller EV truck under $50k. I don’t think I need another full size, but the only one that doesn’t make me faint price wise after discounts is the Lightning for EVs.

I get some like stuff like this only for the image. I didn’t pay the bill so it really isn’t my say no matter my opinion. I can see what I could do with it and it probably has the least limitations for EV trucks for actual truck use currently. This segment still has a lot of growing to do for range if we could get the battery weight down.

Didn't howard Hughes become a recluse and a germaphobe later in life?
He developed OCD, saved his urine in jars and let his nails grow out like Dracula. He almost starved himself to death and lived in isolation for the last 25 years of his life. He was apparently comfortable with poor hygiene as far as he himself was concerned. Probably worried about everyone else being filthy and diseased. Sad.

I think the biggest complaint is that people, well (muskateers) bought this abomination thinking it would be good. It was FIVE years late and this is the best they can do? Elon promised it would (It's on the website) "It's the truck that can Survive the Apocalypse. " Apparently it breaks every time someone takes it offroading, gets it wet, or sneezes the wrong way. I would have thought it would be better sorted out by now. Wholesale prices are cratering on the Cybertruck. If you got an early delivery and convinced an absolute moron to buy it off you then you were golden. Now resale prices are not much higher than buying new.

eBay has some for sale for $150K

That person has a serious problem with their Cybertruck, alright. It's ugly AF.

As to firing Musk, not sure why the Board of Directors would want to do that. They all got stinking rich off their TSLA stock...

If they fired Elon they know the stock would immediately tank.

I agree with you it’s in the Board of Directors best interests to keep Elon.

In CAI

IMG_0064.jpeg

If they fired Elon they know the stock would immediately tank.

I agree with you it’s in the Board of Directors best interests to keep Elon.
I think early on it would take a hit, but put someone competent as his replacement would in the long run show an improvement.

Apparently the Cybertruck is breaking in new innovative ways. Now the ceiling mounted "pod" where the back up parking buttons are in case the screen fails are cracking and falling off. Tesla made the center stack part of the bracket for the sun visor. Cybertruck breaking in innovative new ways
Sure a few people will say all vehicles have issues but it seems like it's one problem after the other. Add in replacing brand new battery packs, software issues, and the Cybertruck breaking down every time somebody takes theirs offroad. So far according to Tesla 3,700ish have been delivered since December so about 750 or so a month rolling off the assembly line. It Also sounds like more job cuts could be coming down the line at Tesla.

Give me the G Wagen. Plus but very off road able. If you opt for the G squared it has portal axles ad even greater clearance.
They had a regular cab SWB/short box Trail Boss … shorter than what we can get that was pretty cool too …

View recent photos.jpeg

Back