Tesla Cybertruck Hit With Stop-Sale Because of Unintended Acceleratiom Report

This should be the ABSOLUTE final nail in the coffin for Teslas board of directors to fire Musk. Several folks have even posted that their upcoming deliveries have been delayed or canceled, according to Investor’s Business Daily. I usually take Cybertruck news with a bit of a grain of salt – especially because we can’t contact Tesla for confirmation, but this time it’s different. Even Elon Musk and Tesla’s biggest fans – like Whole Mars Catalog on X – have posted that Cybertruck deliveries have stopped “for 7 days due to an issue with the accelerator pedal.”

(edit - Mod)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was talking to my wife about Tesla tonight because the news was covering the 10% staff reduction. I explained that the Cybertruck was such a complicated design to produce properly and that combined with the 'rush to market' has produced a horrible quality experience for these truck-ish customers.

Then there's the issue of Musk himself.

Made me wonder if Howard Hughes was living in this era with social media what would that have done for his image?

I was talking to my wife about Tesla tonight because the news was covering the 10% staff reduction. I explained that the Cybertruck was such a complicated design to produce properly and that combined with the 'rush to market' has produced a horrible quality experience for these truck-ish customers.

Made me wonder if Howard Hughes was living in this era with social media what would that have done for his image?
Didn't howard Hughes become a recluse and a germaphobe later in life?

The weird thing is that the Cybertruck was five years late, and none of the original specs ever happened. It will be interesting to see if it ever gets resolved.

Didn't howard Hughes become a recluse and a germaphobe later in life?
Yes on both. I remember his frequent visits to Vancouver and staying at the Bayshore Inn - renting the whole floor. Vancouverites only learned about his visits after he'd been there for about a month. No internet back then.

The Cybertruck was a fail before it started. The difference is that it’s so unlike anything else it’ll get a pass from many(not me).
Time will tell, maybe only some people will accept the styling, and maybe it will need to have a large number of bugs worked out.

I like it for some of the features it has. I like the bed design, with the tambour door cover, the open interior layout, the steer by wire 4 wheel steering and so on. I like the Low overhang up front for approaching steep inclines, and even out back the design lends itself to good off road performance. I like that it has no paint, so customization is common, nice.

I simply see the CT as addressing a number of known issues. For that alone, it gets my approval.

Let's be honest here, Tesla should have filled that battery pack to the very top, by arranging the cells in a manner that allows a 200kWh battery. The cost cutting measure of a less capable battery has risk.

Sounds like someone can't afford their lease and is trying to get out of a lease payment.
It's the late 00s Toyota "runaway" scam again.

Time will tell, maybe only some people will accept the styling, and maybe it will need to have a large number of bugs worked out.

I like it for some of the features it has. I like the bed design, with the tambour door cover, the open interior layout, the steer by wire 4 wheel steering and so on. I like the Low overhang up front for approaching steep inclines, and even out back the design lends itself to good off road performance. I like that it has no paint, so customization is common, nice.

I simply see the CT as addressing a number of known issues. For that alone, it gets my approval.

Let's be honest here, Tesla should have filled that battery pack to the very top, by arranging the cells in a manner that allows a 200kWh battery. The cost cutting measure of a less capable battery has risk.
Look at the recognition the Silverado is getting with its 212kW battery. It would have given the Cybertruck a huge boost to have a large battery.

The Cybertruck tonneau is very clunky to operate though. It sounded like it was going to break any second. I was surprised by that. The people at the service center were very open about playing with the vehicle and were excited to have it there. There are a number of things about it that just make it feel like a concept vehicle and I get that its the point, but what little bit of inviting feeling the interiors of the rest of the Tesla line has goes completely out the window with the Cybertruck likely because of the sheer size of the dash. It feels clinical, cold, and not some where i want to sit. I absolutely hate the windshield slope. You really can't see the front corners. It doesn't have a hint of the visibility of an F150. I really hope those that have bought them enjoy them. I wasn't impressed with my experience with the truck as far as interacting with it. I was unable to drive at at the time since it was the truck for the auto show and they weren't going to risk something happening to it before it went on display. I know it's stupid fast, but that's almost a byproduct of it's setup. I don't know I would use that much driving a truck. I didn't drive my last truck hard either.

I left knowing that if I was to get an EV truck my only real option is the Lightning, but that's only because the discounts actually get it out of crazyland pricing area even with the extended range battery. I still may buy one. It reminded me of some of the stuff I liked about my last F150, but I have reservations over driving something that heavy. It seems completely unnecessary when I look at the specs even for some of the capability I would gain. My wife wants to get a camper and I can't pull what she's interested in with a GTI. We wouldn't take long trips for this stuff, so the Lightning would likely work for this. It's the only reason I'm actually considering it.

Really it isn't the market for me. I know I don't get it and what I've said just shows my unwillingness to accept the Cybertruck. I would rather not drive a truck and what little I do like about something like an F150 is nonexistent in the Cybertruck.

Tesla is still a good company but they face strong headwinds in the near future.

I wonder if Elon will be around in 5 years.

Is Elon the modern day P.T. Barnum….. ?

Back