Techron or Gumout AIO? Help me decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using Gumout Regane in our vehicles for a couple of years now, putting a bottle in the tank at each oil change. I'd bought a bunch of it at Big Lots for $2.50/bottle but my stash is depleted. I'm changing the Nissan's oil this weekend and am trying to decide between Techron which is $6.50/bottle with AAP's BOGO deal or Gumout All-In-One which is currently $6.99 at O'Reilly. Help me decide. Which would you choose and why?

A couple weeks ago O'reillys had techron for 3.99.I think the gumout is cheaper at WM than 6.99.You could buy redline and probably use less 1/3 or even 1/4 of a bottle it has more active ingredients its 10.95 at amazon.

The Techron should be the fuel system cleaner, not the fuel injector cleaner.

Using an oil change as a reminder to use the fuel system cleaner is a good idea.

Even better would be to finish that tank of gas just before the oil change, just in case some of the Techron gets into the oil.

Originally Posted By: JimPghPA
The Techron should be the fuel system cleaner, not the fuel injector cleaner.

Using an oil change as a reminder to use the fuel system cleaner is a good idea.

Even better would be to finish that tank of gas just before the oil change, just in case some of the Techron gets into the oil.

Right, Jim. The good Techron says Concentrate on the label. Costs about double the watered-down injector cleaner, but worth it. Being OCD, I dump in the Techron 500 miles before I change the oil.

Gumout AIO treats 35g and has a 'friction modifier' that can increase MPG.
Its usually the cheapest per oz, as you can treat two tanks with it. $6.99 is similar or cheaper than WMs regular price.

I think its a better deal when there are no rebates or B1G1 deals going on.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
Gumout AIO treats 35g and has a 'friction modifier' that can increase MPG.
Its usually the cheapest per oz, as you can treat two tanks with it. $6.99 is similar or cheaper than WMs regular price.

I think its a better deal when there are no rebates or B1G1 deals going on.

+1

Makes dosing the Burb's 31 gallon tank easier too. Don't have to empty and dispose of two bottles of Techron. For the GP, I just use a single 21 oz bottle of Techron so I don't have to store a previously opened bottle in the car/garage, especially because I normally spill a bit on the side of the neck of the bottle. May try the Gumout Regane High Mileage next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back