Tech 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just at Walmart to check out their price on diesel oil and found this oil. Tech 2000--Semi-synthetic `15/40 diesel. It is rated at CH-4, CG-4, CF-4, CF/SH, SJ with a flow rate of -30F. It is only $12/4 litres Cdn.($9 US). They told me the regular 2000 was made with recycled oil but did not know about the semi-synthetic. Is this stuff any good to run in a Cat diesel or is it another case of you get what you pay for? Roger

roger, i'm not sure about the supertech oils at walmart being recycled. i beleive they used to be manufactured by quaker state, now i think, they are made by the warren oil company. anyway, i beleive they would be fine to use in a cat diesel, although you might be better served by checking out the mobil delvac, chevron delo, or pennzoil long~life series of oils. proven performers, penzdude.
cheers.gif

[ December 07, 2003, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: penzdude ]

Tech 2000 and SuperTech are two different products. It's quite hard to tell Wal-Mart suppliers. Safety Kleen, the recycler has been credited with Tech 2000 but they might just have a bottling contract. I think the other idea bandied about here is that Tech 2000 is Petro Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back