Taking our health for granted....

My wife got a liver and kidney transplant last year. (Thought I was gonna lose her) Liver was doing great but that kidney never filtered properly so dialysis was needed.
She just got another kidney 10 days ago and for a week things were great but then she got sick. Ended up having a sepsis. Tests pointed towards blood loss somewhere in G.I tract. An emergency surgery was performed and a perforated ulcer was found in her stomach. It was repaired and she is being pumped full of antibiotics. Things are trending better but she is still very sick.

My point is never take health for granted. It can change at any moment especially when you get older. Thank God she has Medicare and my health insurance as well. Without them we would be broke or bankrupt.

Wow, that's quite a struggle. I do hope she recovers well and goes on to live in health.

I got quite ill with an autoimmune disease and was going downhill badly, to the point of non functionality. It sucked. Better treatment brought me back from the brink. Every day is a gift.

We lost my BIL recently to cancer at age 68. He was very active in his community, had many projects on the go and plans for the future. Diagnosis to his passing was only five months. Every day is indeed a gift.

Sincere thoughts and prayers to you. We have "been there, done that" over the past 14 years after my wife's head-on car collision. On death's doorstep at least 3 times. Numerous nightmarish experiences at the emergency room. Sigh.

Ironic that this morning my nurse daughter shared with me that one of her patients "coded" during her shift after days of her notifying doctors of declining conditions. My daughter said "what if someone had not been there to advocate so diligently for the patient?"

EVERYONE PAY HEED TO ZZMAN REGARDING HEALTH AWARENESS. BECOME YOUR OWN SELF ADVOCATE, ESPECIALLY IN HOSPITAL. CAREGIVERS ARE WOEFULLY OVER-WORKED AND UNDER-STAFFED.

Sincere thoughts and prayers to you. We have "been there, done that" over the past 14 years after my wife's head-on car collision. On death's doorstep at least 3 times. Numerous nightmarish experiences at the emergency room. Sigh.

Ironic that this morning my nurse daughter shared with me that one of her patients "coded" during her shift after days of her notifying doctors of declining conditions. My daughter said "what if someone had not been there to advocate so diligently for the patient?"

EVERYONE PAY HEED TO ZZMAN REGARDING HEALTH AWARENESS. BECOME YOUR OWN SELF ADVOCATE, ESPECIALLY IN HOSPITAL. CAREGIVERS ARE WOEFULLY OVER-WORKED AND UNDER-STAFFED.
I spent 6 days in the hospital in August, you are 100% spot on. I met some wonderful people that are making the world a better place but they are all weary after what they have been through these last few years.

Praying for your wife and family.
Life can change in an instance and this year has taught me that as well. I fell back in January causing shoulder and back injuries. Then 2 bowel perforations in April and May, then had bowel resection surgery in June. Had shoulder surgery in Aug and recovering well but the back is still messed up. Never dreamed I would still not be working all these months later.
Hope your wife's recovery continues to go in the right way.

My wife got a liver and kidney transplant last year. (Thought I was gonna lose her) Liver was doing great but that kidney never filtered properly so dialysis was needed.
She just got another kidney 10 days ago and for a week things were great but then she got sick. Ended up having a sepsis. Tests pointed towards blood loss somewhere in G.I tract. An emergency surgery was performed and a perforated ulcer was found in her stomach. It was repaired and she is being pumped full of antibiotics. Things are trending better but she is still very sick.

My point is never take health for granted. It can change at any moment especially when you get older. Thank God she has Medicare and my health insurance as well. Without them we would be broke or bankrupt.
Praying for you both sir. This is probably the main reason I donate platelets; sometime a lot of folks will need them or some form of blood or plasma.

Praying for your wife and family.
Life can change in an instance and this year has taught me that as well. I fell back in January causing shoulder and back injuries. Then 2 bowel perforations in April and May, then had bowel resection surgery in June. Had shoulder surgery in Aug and recovering well but the back is still messed up. Never dreamed I would still not be working all these months later.
Hope your wife's recovery continues to go in the right way.
OMG...you have really been thru the ringer. Hope you get better soon

Reactions: wlk

Wow, 14 years.....

best wishes to all with health issues, BUT be aware IMO mainstream medicine is all about the $$$ so unhealthy people mean more $$$$. NOTHING is never said about prevention aka healthy eating which few really know about as many organizations most people trust promote incorrect eating aka TOOOOO many carbs that raise insulin the root of most health issues!!! of course theres all the bad chemicals allowed in many products as well as hidden JUNK!! only YOU can control what, how much + how often you eat + drink whatever that have BAD health effects, in other words YOu must look out for YOU! i know its hard to choose what to believe BUT one look at people + even our kids says they are ALL doing whats WRONG!!!! as the real pandemic is obesity in our world today!!

Back