Taking our health for granted....

Just an update: My wife is doing better. Her vital signs and labs are getting better. Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers. Greatly appreciated!
I’m glad your wife is getting better sir. I’ll continue praying and donating platelets. I’m healthy which is why I do it. Folks complain “you don’t even get paid”.

My response is “I give the gift that saves/helps lives so I’m OK with that”

Here is some of the best advice you will ever get. If you are over fifty, I strongly urge you to get the shingles vaccine, no matter what it cost. I came down with shingles twenty two years ago and it left me with PHN(neuropathy). I have attacks so bad that I can't do anything but go to bed and wait for it to be over(usually two/three hours). I have so many damaged nerves around my right waste that even breathing is sometimes agony. Had attack last spring so bad that the pain caused nausea so bad that I couldn't stop retching, which in turn caused more pain and on ,and on until my wife called 911. A paramedic gave me a small shot of fentanyl, and the pain was gone in two minutes. Four hours later I was dismissed from the emergency room. Probably happen again.

Back