Tail-Gator

A lot of people on social media are upset or at least seem to be.

It’s no different than seeing a monster buck in the bed of a truck during opening day IMO.

It also sounded like it was harvested for meat. I see no issue with that.

A lot of people on social media are upset or at least seem to be.

It’s no different than seeing a monster buck in the bed of a truck during opening day IMO.

It also sounded like it was harvested for meat. I see no issue with that.
Back in the 80's we used Honda ATC's during hunting season. My cousin got a nice 8 point. We loaded the ATC's in the back of his truck and put the deer on his trucks hood. OMG, the people freaking out when we stopped at 7-11 before going home to clean it.

I ratchet strapped a buck deer over the trunk of my 1967 Oldsmobile Cutlass, back in the late 1980's. Pickup truck was down deer hunting weekend.

Got a few funny looks, but only had a 12 mile drive. But then again, this was backwoods Iowa!;)

I'm guessing most parents of a 6 year old Suzy don't want her to see dead Bambi strapped to a car like some piece of meat.
That's exactly what it was...a piece of meat with the hide still covering the body.

I'd like to say, most rural Iowa folks know, that meat is not manufactured in a grocery store.

Too many cattle and hog farmers here. They do not raise them for pets.:)

No idea how long he's been strapped on there, but imagine it smells like any other roadkill baking in the sun.

What do you mean roadkill? According to the article it was a legally harvested animal with a game tag attached likely to be used for meat so it certainly hasn't been dead long enough to start putrefying. Your lack of knowledge about hunting/killing/harvesting animals is showing.

Back