Frontier charging for guaranteed empty middle seat

For every two passengers that want this feature they'll just charge them each an additional 50%. That way they can match two people on each row and still generate the revenue they would had the seat been sold. It's a win/win for everyone involved. The airline sells all of the seats, their load capacity is reduced by having less people and allowing for more cargo that they can charge higher rates for.

This if Forrest Gump genius.

For every two passengers that want this feature they'll just charge them each an additional 50%. That way they can match two people on each row and still generate the revenue they would had the seat been sold. It's a win/win for everyone involved. The airline sells all of the seats, their load capacity is reduced by having less people and allowing for more cargo that they can charge higher rates for.

This if Forrest Gump genius.
Exactly - not to mention they have a certain number of seats empty most times anyway, so now there sold to stay that way.

It is in fact evil genius if it works.

I've seen this on flights within Europe, they'll stick a console in the middle seat and call it first/business.

IMG_5918.jpg

Last time I booked Frontier they cancelled 3 out of 4 segments with ridiculous rebooks, so I got a refund instead.
Booked American for a few bucks more with a very similar good arrival time.
Will not make the mistake of messing with Frontier again.
Still, for reasonable dollars, I'd pay to have the middle seat blocked to allow wife and I to have a row to ourselves.
Whether this will be honored in practice with a standby line after cancellations I cannot guess.
I'd say probably not.

Back