T6 and Lubro Moly oil saver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would this combo be over kill. Pretty much patched up the leak with Maxlife but now its consuming very little oil. I still want to run a HM additive for the leak. This is in the Jetta.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mongo161
Why not continue with the Maxlife as your normal oil?

Yea. I've thought of that too. I'll keep what I'm doing. Why make it difficult. How many miles on your Runner?

Your post is not clear what do you intend to do ?

Run the Maxlife + HM additive ?

or New oil (non high mileage oil) + HM additive ?

Last edited:
You cannot go wrong with Motor Oil Saver, it is a quality additive. I would suggest using an oil that meets the correct VW specification and adding Motor Oil Saver.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: virginoil
Your post is not clear what do you intend to do ?

Run the Maxlife + HM additive ?

or New oil (non high mileage oil) + HM additive ?

New oil and HM additive is what I was thinking.

If maxlife has solved your problem ,why stop using it? I'd say keep using whats working.

Originally Posted By: Thax
If maxlife has solved your problem ,why stop using it? I'd say keep using whats working.

It pretty much fixed the leak, now its using alittle bit of oil. Nothing major.

Providing the Maxlife is the correct grade for vehicle and use I would give it 4 seasons of use to see if the consumption settles down.

Some posters have commonly reported it takes upto 3 OCI's before consumption returns to 'normal' after a change in oil brands.

I wouldn't supplement a high-mileage oil with yet another high-mileage additive. But that's just me.

Originally Posted By: virginoil

Providing the Maxlife is the correct grade for vehicle and use I would give it 4 seasons of use to see if the consumption settles down.

Some posters have commonly reported it takes upto 3 OCI's before consumption returns to 'normal' after a change in oil brands.

I'll stick with it. I change the oil every three months or 4500 miles. The consumption isn't nearly as bad as some.

Originally Posted By: dparm
I wouldn't supplement a high-mileage oil with yet another high-mileage additive. But that's just me.

The additive would be in conjunction with T6.

I agree with the side of continual use of MaxLife for the year. I didn't know about the 3 OCI bit after switching oil brands...makes me wonder.

If after that you choose why not go to Rotella T6 only and if the leak returns, THEN try adding the additive as an experiment? If it fails, your alternative is returning to the cheaper MaxLife.

Oh, and if you haven't already, you can get 3 of the 5 Quart jugs and qualify for a $15 rebate(basically giving you one jug for free).

It brought our price for 15 quarts down to $1.58 each.

Additionally, I typically use MaxLife when converting high mileage engines over to synthetic, or just for a good cleaning. I like the product.

i would personally use a *w40 in your 2.0

BTW what chain stores carry lubro moly?

NAPA has the injector cleaners but thats about it.

Apparently NAPA can order any LubroMoly product so i did that.

Last edited:
oh yeah i knew that, i just needed it this weekend. I forgot that i was going to add MoS2 to my next oilchange.

I also got NAPA to get some LubroMoly Engine Flush too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back