T-Mobile - The force to be reckoned with

Teen-Mobile has a lot of growing up to do in my area...😳😂
Yeah, me too as I wait for their home internet. Wont be too long I hope, after all its now two networks TMobile and Sprint are now one making T-Mobile the second largest cell phone carrier in the USA> so just like a teenager they are growing up fast and be much more adaptable to change and innovation. Plus not out of style with an up to date network that owns the golden goose of 5g spectrum. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, me too as I wait for their home internet. Wont be too long I hope, after all its now two networks TMobile and Sprint are now one making T-Mobile the second largest cell phone carrier in the USA> so just like a teenager they are growing up fast and be much more adaptable to change and innovation. Plus not out of style with an up to date network that owns the golden goose of 5g spectrum. :)
I have had my T-Mobile gateway
for over 6 months..Results have been mixed ..very mixed

I have had my T-Mobile gateway
for over 6 months..Results have been mixed ..very mixed
Not sure if you know (or remember) I had one in Jan 2021 first impression was great until a day later, had to return, TMobile was great, even had engineers look at the position of my home to the tower and recommend to try a spot, again, first impression was great but signals would not hold.
They acknowledge towers need update and Im waiting, I will be first on the list to go back to them once they are. As of right now our entire zip code which is quite large shows as not available anymore, that goes for both TMobile and Verizon which is interesting because Verizon sent me a postcard saying 5 g home internet was available. Yet when I went online to sign up it said not available.
SO I took it a step further and called Verizon, sales rep said to keep checking post card MIGHT mean its coming soon but it isnt available to me right now.
You may want to try Verizon in your area

Not sure if you know (or remember) I had one in Jan 2021 first impression was great until a day later, had to return, TMobile was great, even had engineers look at the position of my home to the tower and recommend to try a spot, again, first impression was great but signals would not hold.
They acknowledge towers need update and Im waiting, I will be first on the list to go back to them once they are. As of right now our entire zip code which is quite large shows as not available anymore, that goes for both TMobile and Verizon which is interesting because Verizon sent me a postcard saying 5 g home internet was available. Yet when I went online to sign up it said not available.
SO I took it a step further and called Verizon, sales rep said to keep checking post card MIGHT mean its coming soon but it isnt available to me right now.
You may want to try Verizon in your area
My experience mirrors yours.
Everything you said is what is going on here. Big talk...no service.

I am hanging on to Teen Mobile as right now it is the best thing here.
Had great speed for a few weeks and it all went away.
It does have redeeming features though. I can walk it to my other house and my shop and it works.
I won't go back to cable and DSL can't compete with the worst days of teen mobile...

TMobile has always been great in urban areas. It's rural areas where they can be quite poor. Montana and Alaska, just forget about it. However, one nice thing TMobile does is if you're in one of those areas where they know their coverage sucks, they will roam you on other carriers free of charge. So you do get service in Montana & Alaska, just turn on roaming. The data will be slow, but you will at least get voice & SMS. And they have great international service. When I go to Canada I turn on roaming and my phone simply works and it costs me nothing extra. And TMobile also has one of the most generous BYOD (bring your own device) policies. Most phones that support their frequencies work just fine no matter whether you bought from them or not. Other carriers are much more strict about this, either blacklisting a lot of phones from their network, or even worse, only allowing a whitelist of phones, mainly ones you buy from them. I also like their data usage policy: if you use up all your high speed data it slows down but they don't charge you extra. A year or two ago in response to the COVID pandemic they bumped a bunch of plans to unlimited high speed data free of charge, and it looks like they are keeping that policy. On top of all that, they are one of the least expensive.

Plus their last CEO John Legere was a really entertaining kick in the pants to watch during interviews.

Last week, the company was forced to acknowledge that the Lapsus$ hacking group stole T-Mobile’s source code in a series of breaches that took place in March. While no consumer data was obtained (that we know of; these breaches always wind up being much worse than originally acknowledged), hackers obtained source code on numerous company projects thanks (in part) to human engineering.....

Several teen members of the group were arrested in London last month. The group was one of several hacking organizations that had easily targeted T-Mobile to engage in SIM swapping or SIM hijacking, the act of bribing employees to help them port a user’s cell number right out from beneath them, opening the door to all kinds of surveillance and identity or cryptocurrency theft.

Back