T-Mobile - The force to be reckoned with

Who would have ever imagined TMobile being at the forefront of the next generation of communications or at least, one heck of a head start.

Boy they have come a long way of the last several years and blew past Verizon and ATT with data services at the present time.
Full disclosure I am mildly invested in them as of last year because of my experience and the promise of home internet service.

Time will tell but they are on a roll =

"T-Mobile topped every performance metric that Ookla tracked"

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 5.04.20 PM.jpg

__

I was very fortunate to have jumped ship to T-Mobile pre-merger when they were doing the unlimited two lines all inclusive for $100 deal. I could not be any happier with the service and customer service.

If they ran fiber in my area for a price comparable to Google, I would switch that over as well.

They still dont have service worth a crap near me.

At the cabin no service.. it shows 2 bars but nothing works. AT&T and Verizon actually work.
At home 3 bars and slow
At work.. only works in the front half of building.
AT&T and verizon work inside metal lined freezer.
tmob wont even work in the back half of the building (not metal lined)

Both home and work are listed in the best area on their signal map.
Cabin lists service available but lighter pink than the darker pink for best signal area.

Still waiting on it to get better.. I would say my experience is old but coworkers have t-mob and I ask..

Now downtown cleveland was great.

Last edited:
T-Mobile seems to have poor coverage in the area of NY and Delaware I have lived in. My solution is to have a work cell and a home cell. One on T-Mobile and one on Verizon.

I believe there is more than one flavor of 5G. Rural areas will not get the same flavor as cities.

Who would have ever imagined TMobile being at the forefront of the next generation of communications or at least, one heck of a head start.

Boy they have come a long way of the last several years and blew past Verizon and ATT with data services at the present time.
Full disclosure I am mildly invested in them as of last year because of my experience and the promise of home internet service.

Time will tell but they are on a roll =

"T-Mobile topped every performance metric that Ookla tracked"

View attachment 85916

__
They couldn't have done it without sprint's backbone

AT&T financed the T-Mobile network upgrades, so they could beat AT&T and Verizon.

A long time ago in CA, when AT&T and SBC merged to be together again they had to sell the Cingular GSM1900 network to T-Mobile and the “new” AT&T was forced to rebuild the B-band TDMA network with GSM850. The old Cingular/PacBell network was mature but very lacking in coverage. The old AT&T/CellularOne network was solid but GSM didn’t work. Now, both the AT&T/T-Mobile networks in the Bay Area are almost on parity - Verizon dropped off quite a bit, until they refarm their 3G CDMA 1x for 5G.

I tried T-Mobile, twice. Where I live the reception coverage is awful. I couldn't get a good useable signal at home or at work (when I was still working), and zero signal at my lake house. I just can't use them.

My wife and I are on the TMobile senior plan, 2 phones unlimited 5G for $70mo. We both love it. We have great coverage where we are. At work, I use a TMobile Hotspot for my office internet. I am out in the middle of a Military storage yard. It's been great so far.

Very happy with T Mobile. Can't beat 4 lines with unlimited everything, free Netflix and taxes included for $145.
except when it doesnt work as a phone.. you can beat that... I realize this is regional.

I'm pretty happy with total wireless. verizon towers. 3 lines 60GB data and 85$/month 4 lines and 100GB data is $95

When tmob finally doesnt suck here I have tried them 2x now and would still try them again.. when they have service at my home, work, and cabin.
Which right now is Slow, works in half the building(1 story building not a skyscraper), no working service at cabin.

In another year or 2 when I'm looking for a phone deal I'll check back into their service.

T-Mobile works great at my house and in town. The problem is that it doesn't work for the 10 miles in between the two, or the surrounding rural areas. Verizon is the best bet in central VA.

My experience with T-Mobile is it pretty much matches AT&T in my day to day life. Even down in Georgia our service matched or beat my parents AT&T. Glad I switched from ATT to T-Mobile back when they had the 2 lines of unlimited everything for $100, I was paying ~$140 under ATT for 10Gb of shared data.

They couldn't have done it without sprint's backbone
Do you mean this in a negative way? Not sure how I am reading your post.
Successful growing corporations expand and conquer the industry they are in through planning and acquisitions.

It wasnt so much as the "backbone" as it was the radio spectrum that Sprint owned. Radio Spectrum is gold to cell companies actually its more rare than gold. Tmobile pulled it off, it was an amazing feat getting through government hurdles. Its costing TMobile a huge amount of money to put this Spectrum into work as well as converting it all to TMobile system.

It says a lot about management that they seem to pulled this off exactly as planned, maybe better than planned if they rapidly are able to expand home internet service which is what a lot of this is about.
I cant wait for it to arrive in my area. $50 a month includes all equipment, taxes and no set up fees vs $75 or $70 a month for Spectrum Internet.

Companies have been trying to buy and merge with other cell companies since the 1990s. Worldcom at one time wanted a merger with Sprint.
In 2013 Dish Network tried an unsuccessful attempt to take over Sprint.
ATT just recently tried an unsuccessful take over of TMobile and Sprint petitioned the government!
TMobile is on a roll, it will be an interesting decade for sure. they seem unstoppable but ... one never knows. They are a disrupter for sure.

By the way, a 4th major cell phone company is on its way to replace Sprint in the USA. Dish Network will be the next household name in cell service after TMobile, ATT and Verizon in as little as 3 years.

Competition is good for all of us, low price always wins for me. Its just data.

They still dont have service worth a crap near me.

At the cabin no service.. it shows 2 bars but nothing works. AT&T and Verizon actually work.
At home 3 bars and slow
At work.. only works in the front half of building.
AT&T and verizon work inside metal lined freezer.
tmob wont even work in the back half of the building (not metal lined)

Both home and work are listed in the best area on their signal map.
Cabin lists service available but lighter pink than the darker pink for best signal area.

Still waiting on it to get better.. I would say my experience is old but coworkers have t-mob and I ask..

Now downtown cleveland was great.
I put a Z-Boost at my camp - in the tackle room which is mostly windows so it works very well outside too.

Poor coverage in Northern Virginia. According to the map my entire area is blanketed by their new 5G band which my iPhone supports but my commute has no less than 5 dead spots. This leaves me unable to make calls during a total of 15 minutes out of my 35 minute commute. Better than five years ago but still a ways to go.

Here they have about 85-90% of the coverage VZW at 75-80% of the cost. Noice.

What coverage map are you guys looking at?

I had T-Mobil ( :LOL:;)) years and years ago, coverage was terrible. ATT just added another tower down below us. They are the only solid service here AFAIK. Verizon no workie.

Oh... forgot to make one other thing clear, a prediction if you will.
TMobile is going gangbusters with home internet service. I am dying to get it at my house, still waiting and waiting for tower upgrade here after an unsuccessful attempt one year ago. The towers are here but they cant upgrade the whole system at one time and Im not exactly in a big city.

I think this is the next disrupter and I cant wait to get it. $50 a month, no other cost, no fee's no taxes, nothing = $50 a month. I think, maybe one day in the future, having a cable to your home for the internet will be as common as a home landline. :eek:)

I fill out the form online every week to sign up for TMobile home internet , can't wait to dump Spectrum. I hate them with a passion for their disgusting prices.

Back