“Synthetic oil absorbs more water than conventional”

Is KTM a lawn tractor?

Re Sales Pitches: Sis and bil came by in their new 2019 Genesis. Staggered tires are bad enough but theirs were quite low; 35 series up front and 25 in the rear. I told them the low profile tires required constant awareness.

My sister (who is a high school graduate-and college-and business school-and massively successful) said, "The salesman said they weren't low profile". Can you disown a big sister you love?

FYI: Four days later they hit two potholes in the same hour destroying the wheels and tires.
The "stupid wheel insurance" paid for itself that day. A dealership needed the better part of a week to get two wheels.

Is KTM a lawn tractor?
1687117698622.jpeg

If he thinks the midwest is high humidity, he's obviously never been to the southeastern states. I live in South Carolina, where it rains without raining. We were up in Illinois last month, and it felt dry by comparison.
Yep, here in generally low humidity SC lowcountry Humidity will range from 57 to 100% and Dewpoint will equal temperature for about 6 hours overnight. Nice and dry. Were good with synthetic apparently :ROFLMAO:
1687118033497.jpg

Or maybe he was genuinely trying to help you, albeit with the limited knowledge he had.
Never said he wasn’t trying to help with his limited knowledge; just said he’s not going to make much of a commission with that knowledge. He certainly seemed to believe what he was saying, even though it was questionable info. 👍🏻

Wow..that is way better than the Chevrolet service manager that tried to tell me that if I didn’t use AC Delco oil, it would void the warranty on my truck. When I asked what was so special about his oil, he said it was specifically formulated to the unique construction of my GM engine. I laughed in his face and walked out.

Is this a motorcycle or a darn scooter ??

If you were looking at a darn scooter subierubyroo…. You lose your man card for 6 months …. :LOL:
If you think a sub-400 pound bike that puts over 110HP to the wheel is a “scooter”, then I’m not certain you know what it takes to qualify for a man card… j/k 😉

Wow..that is way better than the Chevrolet service manager that tried to tell me that if I didn’t use AC Delco oil, it would void the warranty on my truck. When I asked what was so special about his oil, he said it was specifically formulated to the unique construction of my GM engine. I laughed in his face and walked out.
Well ya know, that's because GM makes such a precise and immaculately clean engine that they need a special oil.

Nevermind that some are cam in block and some are DOHC. All GM engined are made to this fantastically special tolerance that specifically specially fantastic GM oil must be used....and only GM oil purchased from the GM dealer is actual GM oil. Nevermind that Mobil makes it...it is special donchakmow.

If you think a sub-400 pound bike that puts over 110HP to the wheel is a “scooter”, then I’m not certain you know what it takes to qualify for a man card… j/k 😉

Ok… I couldn’t totally tell by tha picture.

No scooter… I just wanted to make sure…

Your man card is in very good standing…

Carry on 😁

If he thinks the midwest is high humidity, he's obviously never been to the southeastern states. I live in South Carolina, where it rains without raining. We were up in Illinois last month, and it felt dry by comparison.
yeah but it is the extreme of temps on a daily basis that makes for condensation inside a box / engine and that is what does the damage.

Apparently this subject was covered, or at least debated, 20 years ago.......

Water and oil don't mix, but really should be using a synthetic anyway. If there is even still "conventional" oil; the whole Group 2/3/3+/4/5 (kind of wondering why always put in Roman numerals) thing about all that. Also note you can't really gave a 100% Group 5 oil (Group V.)

I like the concept of steam cleaning, Seafoaming, etc.. but even I know water evaporates and boils out, was the sales guy talking about oil absorbing water like if you poured water into an engine? Something like this? Maybe they meant in this scenario????
*if water was mixing with the oil, you'd get either a mayonnaise or mustard like substance at the cap or on dipstick. Milkshake.

HPL DID talk about Emulsification as a great property of his motor oil on the tour, that an engine would rather start with emulsified oil than water.. @High Performance Lubricants if you are viewing?

Back