Synthetic blend

Rarely do my cars or friend's cars go much over 5K. Is the oil and engine rated for more? Nowadays yes.
I like sparkling clean internals. I almost never sell a car; it goes to someone.
And I still hafta service it.

Thanks to all. I was thinking of changing synthetic blend every 4 months/4500miles. So I guess that would be a safe oil change.
Again, thanks to all and have a wonderful thanksgiving
With the Costco Kirlkand about $25 for 2 5 quart containers, why use syn blend?
Heck, you can get it on line and you don't even have to go into the store!
It's good stuff.

Depends on many variables, but an overreaching broad answer would be most synth can go up to 10k miles, and I'd change the filter 1/2 way through the interval. Conventional oil, wouldn't push it past 5k miles. I use PP with OEM filter and change it every 5 - 7k miles. Probably overkill, but it gets me away for 30 minutes and gives me a reason to drink another beer.

Talking about beer. I am a Sam Adams Boston Lager man. But have recently tried Sam Adams "Octoberfest" which is only available in late September/early October timeframe and then, it's gone. Put it in a frosted mug and you're in Heaven. Try it in September, 2021, you'll not regret it.

I ran ST 5W20 conventional for 6300 miles with a M1 oil filter (2 runs on the filter, little over 12K miles on the filter) in my 17 accord 4cyl and according to Blackstone everything was fine and good numbers.

I have 12 5quart containers of Chevron Supreme 5W30 6 are SN+ and the last 6 are SP. The SP bottles now say synthetic blend on them, the others don’t. I’m gonna shoot for 5000-7500 miles with the Fram ultra changed every 2nd or 3rd oil change.

Depending on your car and your driving conditions will dictate how often it should be changed. I would think 5000 is easily doable

Back