Syntec Blend for ARX rinse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sprintman
You said it, not ne. Gotta go another PM asking about useage. Bye

So you do not get? Gee, I am amazed...

The PM deal is getting old here..Post it since it is

Plese PM jmb106 to discuss, he is fine with any queries.

There are some funny noises coming from the valve train! And just some funny noises coming from the engine in general they come and go not always the same! From what i have read thats to be expected! I can tell you this that from looking inside the oil fill hole its amazing how much varnish has already been removed from the valve train area! It was brown when i started the RX, now it looks like brand new aluminum! Who says this stuff doesn't work.I am going to do a 3oz treatment on the tranny and run it for 3-5k.I looked at my tranny drain pan today and there was alot of sediment at the bottom from when i changed the fluid a week ago.
Thanks Sprintman

The seal swelling agents in the HM oil is what's being avoided. One of the advertised features of Auto-Rx is rejuvenation of hardened seals.

Sprintman knows what he's doing, but, just like a "person" can know how much more of a given drug they can take to relieve cold symptoms without undue side effects, you can't prescribe that for everyone.

Frank has tried to streamline and simplify the instructions to fit the most people for the most satisfaction with the fewest liabilities ..mishaps ..mistakes ..etc..etc.

He could have constructed a, if you will, Chinese menu for usage.

If you have one from column A ..and two from column B ..and none from column C ..or three from column B and none from column A or column C ..

..can you imagine the confusion that would cause ..given how simple it is NOW? Endless questions still appear.

I get confused reading about A-rX. According to many of the threads sprintman and a few others have posted they claim A-rX works best if a car is driven hard for long runs, and to leave it in the sump longer than the A-rX people state. What happens to the guy that drives 2000-3000 miles a year stop and go, start and stop? The treatment will take 2 years or more to complete, but will it be as effective as drive it long and hard? Common sense tells me sprintman's way is best, and the short hopper is not going to gain much.

Thanks,
AD

There he would either use the Fast Track method or factor his fuel usage and "time at temp" duration.

Fast-Track Motor Application

Print a copy

Auto-Rx® has developed an application for those who cannot achieve the mileage requirements of the basic motor application, 2,500 miles in the Clean Phase, 3,000 miles in the Rinse Phase. Based on the customer types listed below, we have devised a shortened application.

* Owners of classic cars that drive only 2,000 – 3,000 miles per year.
* Owners whose cars recently failed a smog or emissions test and need a 30-day remedy.
* Folks that are looking only to clean up ring packs.
* Folks who are switching over to full synthetics and feel the need to clean and rinse to take full advantage of extended drain intervals.
* Folks desiring to change over to synthetic oil prior to cold weather setting in soon.

Fast Track Application: Note: conventional oil or Group III oil must be run in steps, cleaning and rinsing.

Who is going to monitor a 2 year clean seriously? RX needs hot oil so logically long hot & hard runs get the job done. Just got back from hammering (understatement) the BMW for an hour or so with 22oz RX in the sump (7 qts oil, no ester or PAO), thing just gets better every run.
ps. Gary I'll PM you with some info.

Gary, you are correct in asserting that the HM oils are designed to swell seals, particularly valve stem seals. But it is a far better approach to clean up the seals, with ARX before going to the last ditch effort of trying to swell them. By first removing the glazed crud off the surface of the seals the seals will likely rebound on their own. If not after an application or two in extreme cases, then try the HM as a last resort. At least the swelling agents of the HM oil will act evenly across the surfaces of the stem seal.

Also, why would one want to swell the seal during the cleaning and rinse phase when deposits are dissolving out of the system.

Spintman, you likely have more application experience than anyone I can think of using ARX. I have followed your posts for almost 6 years. You are correct in that ARX works best with both heat and oil flow, which highway driving does better than stop and go driving with alot of idling or low rpm operationality.

I thought that the use of the pizza box covering part of the radiator during frigid cold driving conditions was great. Just a crafty way to get keep the motor up to full operating temps during winter months, especially helpful in short trip driving to maximize ARX effectiveness.

Frank has always been proactive in his instructions to provide the best possible results, while implementing the highest reguard for cleaning a motor safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back