SYLVANIA Ultra Vision : CR*P !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does have that lumens robbing blue tint. In my book, that alone is enough to rule them out.

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: Vikas
It does have that lumens robbing blue tint. In my book, that alone is enough to rule them out.

- Vikas

Exactly!! I'll stay with what I have now which are the sylvania xtravision. I couldn't believe that is what people were on here cheering about. You can clearly see the blue tint over the WHOLE BULB.

Not much blue on them, I don't really see how that little band is going to rob much usable light.
s_prod_h4_xp.jpg

It must be a bad pic, notice the silver base also has a blue tint. The pic I posted above is directly from the philips website.

Is the link I posted the only pic you've seen of these bulbs?

took and old aircraft landing light once , 12volt, placed it dead center of the front grille, and when u turned it on u could see, about 2 miles down the interstate, really, the best idea i ever had, but u cant turn it on all the time,,way to bright, but it did the job, especially on back roads, would lite up the forest and all the animals,,was fun while it lasted.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
It must be a bad pic, notice the silver base also has a blue tint. The pic I posted above is directly from the philips website.

Is the link I posted the only pic you've seen of these bulbs?

My bulbs arrived about a week after my post, and the picture is accurate. There isn't any blue glass save for the band. I've been flashed at night and I have the same light aiming as when we got the car. So it's certainly a better headlight bulb. :)

One my Power Bulb Power Plus lasted only 9 months :-( I have temporarily replaced it with the original bulb which now has 11 years and still going.

The reason I had selected them was due to their longevity compared to Philps or Osram and I was hoping to get at least 4 years out of them.

- Vikas

I'll give another vote for Philips. In the great lakes area Meijer's carries them. I've run their NightGuide bulbs in both my truck and cars and have been very happy with the light and the life they give. I've never tried the X-treme powers. I'm too old to be in the "blue is teh funk!" camp. Yellow, please, thank you very much.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
One my Power Bulb Power Plus lasted only 9 months :-( I have temporarily replaced it with the original bulb which now has 11 years and still going.

The reason I had selected them was due to their longevity compared to Philps or Osram and I was hoping to get at least 4 years out of them.

- Vikas

Another Power Bulb from the *different* car went out today :-(
Same story, original last over 10 years and the replacement dies in less than 10 months :-(

Verdict: AVOID AT ALL COST

- Vikas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back