SYLVANIA Ultra Vision : CR*P !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went through two sets of silverstar ultras in one year!! This time I got the cheap GE bulbs in the yellow and blck pack at walmart and I bet they last forever! They also dont seem that different from the ultras except they cost $6-$7 a light as opposed to $25

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Must be a bulb-specific thing. I've had SilverStar Ultras in our daily-driver since May of '07. They still work fine and this car gets driven at night a LOT.

Having said that, I wouldn't buy them again as I didn't see any improvement over the regular SilverStars that are in the other car.

I have had the SilverStars in my vehicle for almost as long and they are still going.

I got the SilverStars ULTRA Vision lights...bought when they were on sale...just couple months back..for not it seems they give out more light..and the light has a bluish tint...i do not know how long they will last...

having said that where can i buy... Philips X-treme? I did not see them at at Partsource or at Canadian Tire....i do not recall seeing them at Walmart either...perhaps at Carquest, Princess Auto or Napa?

The only reason I got sold at Ultra Vision because it stated and showed that this light emits more and is far reaching than others...i drive in country side often late in the evening it is important that i have the most far reaching light!

if there is another brand which does it same and has a longer life...i would go with it!

good news...there is a better light than Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA...its GE NightHawk Platinum....unlike Ultra's it is 90% more brighter whereas Ultra's are 50% and it has a longer life ....

Just buy yourself some Philips X-Treme Power bulbs if your car takes H4 or H7.

Or buy a relay harness to use with your OEM bulbs and stop worrying about when the "super-bulbs" are going to blow out.

I ordered a pair of X-Treme Power 9006's for our '03 impala and based on what you all have said and the vids I saw on youtube I look forward to installing these bulbs. :)

I'm not sure on the X-Treme Power bulbs for the 900x lineup. The H4 and H7 bulbs I've used are truly amazing. A better bet might've been the 9012 HIR bulb. Those are next on my list of bulbs to get when my current high-performance set die.

They let my fiancee see a very large buck in time to slow down last night. That makes them worth every penny.

people need to quit wasting there money on the blue tint bulb junk.... The Philips X-Treme is about as good as it gets unless you want to go HID....

Originally Posted By: sciphi
I'm not sure on the X-Treme Power bulbs for the 900x lineup. The H4 and H7 bulbs I've used are truly amazing. A better bet might've been the 9012 HIR bulb. Those are next on my list of bulbs to get when my current high-performance set die.

They let my fiancee see a very large buck in time to slow down last night. That makes them worth every penny.
I have currently in the Impala Xtra Visions in both 9006 and the brights 9005. I'm practically blind at night until my updated glasses decide to come and my wife had seen a few deer that I barely had. And she cannot drive at night without difficulty.
27.gif
So combining these bulbs when/if they and my glasses come I should be set; since they don't make "Target Seeking Shotguns" options on cars like Q did the Aston Martin in Die Another Day.
20.gif

I went for their own branded Powerbulb deal. They have buy one get one free deal (PB Power Plus H4 - 2 sets i.e. 4 bulbs for approx $35 shipped). These are "only" 50% better rather than 90% better as claimed for Philips Xtreme. I think I would be happy with "only" 50% improvement without short life. My OEMs have lasted 10 years and I want my replacements to last!

- Vikas

Next up for the fiancee's car when the Xtreme Powers burn out is a DRL rewire, some 65/70 watt H4's, and a relay harness. That should be a lot of light, and last a long time. That's about a year or so away. If it's longer, I'll be happier.

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
people need to quit wasting there money on the blue tint bulb junk.... The Philips X-Treme is about as good as it gets unless you want to go HID....

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr

crackmeup2.gif

If you can go with HIR they are the most lumens/watt you can get besides HID, and still work properly in the halogen bulb enclosure. Sold in 9005 and 9006 equivalents only.

I think that the HIR bulb at least one of the sizes are being disscontinued by Toshiba...
]

Low beam (9012) is discontinued. I was not really impressed with the low beam (9006 equivalent) but the high beam is awesome (9005 equivalent).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back