switch to synthetic

Wife has 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 3.6L V6. About 140K on the odometer. Vehicle has had nothing but Oilzum 5W-20 conventional oil and Wix filters. Service performed as soon as vehicle tells wife oil change is due. Just bought similar vehicle for my use. Garage who serviced my new used GC said to use synthetic oil when servicing. Am I courting trouble if I use synthetic in wife's GC?

^^I Googled it. Oilzum was made by White & Bagley in Massachusetts. The company was formed in 1888. One blurb I read said they made/sold oil in 1905-6 with a racing oil, Crystal Oilzum, debuting in 1912.

I love that they sell both Summer and Winter bar & chain oils.

Wife has 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 3.6L V6. About 140K on the odometer. Vehicle has had nothing but Oilzum 5W-20 conventional oil and Wix filters. Service performed as soon as vehicle tells wife oil change is due. Just bought similar vehicle for my use. Garage who serviced my new used GC said to use synthetic oil when servicing. Am I courting trouble if I use synthetic in wife's GC?
You joined thirteen years ago to finally post this question today? And your post concerns whether you should still be using some essentially unheard of regional blend in a modern car, or move to a synthetic. You should move to a synthetic, specifically Quaker State 0W20 full synthetic. You can certainly keep your BITOG name regardless.

Not a problem.

My understanding is not a question unless car is from the 80s or older, and it has to do with the materials that the seals are made of…

Not a problem.

My understanding is not a question unless car is from the 80s or older, and it has to do with the materials that the seals are made of…
I used Mobil1, the original 5w-20 version, in my 1958 Ford Wagon, 1971 Ford Pinto and 1970 MGB-GT (later 5w-30 version) . No problems.

Back