Sweet punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its too bad they don't have this punishment in North America for careless use of car lighting: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/08/0...intcmp=features

If we had that reprimand here however, we would have to extend it to those who have HID kits in halogen enclosures to acutally make them sit in front of a car that had that brainless application for 10 mins.
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
I hope this would include jacked up pickups, too.

I don't have a problem with jacked up pickups. I have a problem with the morons that jack them up, but don't readjust the headlights afterwards..

Originally Posted By: Propflux01
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
I hope this would include jacked up pickups, too.

I don't have a problem with jacked up pickups. I have a problem with the morons that jack them up, but don't readjust the headlights afterwards..

So true. A jacked-up truck can actually have its lights pointed downward at a sharper angle than a low-slung sports car, where the lights have to be nearly horizontal and blind people out even further.

Of course I meant those that don't adjust their lights. A couple of months ago I had one of those jacked up pickups light up the whole inside of my car. When I quickly switched lanes to the slow lane to be out of his way before he caught up to me and slowed down he switched behind me as well and switched on some lights on his roll bar that extended above the cab. Now it was game on. This was out in the country at midnight so the gloves were off. The road narrows and comes to an end where it turns to gravel and makes a sharp right angle turn. I slowly increased the speed bringing my new friend right along with me until we were doing about 100mph. He would not get off me. So I continued thinking that stopping would be a problem. I did a panic slow down with a hard hand-brake turn. He went up over the berm and into the field on the edge of the reservoir where it's about 6 to 12 inches deep. I stopped and watched him spin his tires and dig in for the night. When he got out I asked him from up the road if he was still having fun. He asked me if I'd call him a tow truck so I said, "Okay, you're a tow truck" and left. People like that call this kind of behavior having fun. I do not.

They can put all of this money into jacking up and tuning a truck but must've been sick on headlight adjustment day.

I have been noticing a lot lately where people in oncoming vehicles won't just turn off their brights, I have to flash mine (sometimes several times) to get them to turn off their high beams...do people actually think other drivers can't tell that their brights are glaring in our eyes? Then again, most drivers today have gotten to be so wrapped up in their own little world that they couldn't care less about other drivers, so why should their inconsiderate use of high beams be any different?

Actually, there are some people that are more important than those around them. They don't dim their lights, they tail gate in traffic when there's no place to go and run stop signs and lights. Others must learn to get out of their way. Laws and regulations are only for the "little People", not for them. They take up 2 parking spaces near the front entrance, where they empty their ash trays. You will often hear the expression from them, "Do you know who you're dealing with?". They know more than you and if you don't believe them, just ask. They have opinions on many subjects and are never confused by facts or logic. Some of them know that having fun at your expense is the least they can do to entertain others who often admire them. On top of that being surrounded by a car or pickup brings out the best in these people. They behave in a manner that would otherwise never happen in a fact to face exchange.

A while back our pet escaped on a trip to my mothers house, about 8 miles away. It was dark so I went home and got one of my Q-Beam spotlights hoping to see under the bushes as I drove around her neighborhood looking for it. On the trip back to mom's a guy started tailgating me. As I sped up he kept on getting closer. Finally I just slowed down and he got even closer With his brites on I couldn't really see - and now it was his turn. Q-beam aimed back at him as I drove and I guess he couldn't see as he backed way off. He followed at a respectful distance after that. We had a good laugh and I'm glad he didn't appear armed or I might not be writing this.

Originally Posted By: robshelton
I couldn't really see - and now it was his turn. Q-beam aimed back at him as I drove and I guess he couldn't see as he backed way off. He followed at a respectful distance after that. We had a good laugh and I'm glad he didn't appear armed or I might not be writing this.

LOL always wanted to do that to a tailgater!

Originally Posted By: grampi
I have been noticing a lot lately where people in oncoming vehicles won't just turn off their brights, I have to flash mine (sometimes several times) to get them to turn off their high beams...do people actually think other drivers can't tell that their brights are glaring in our eyes? Then again, most drivers today have gotten to be so wrapped up in their own little world that they couldn't care less about other drivers, so why should their inconsiderate use of high beams be any different?

It goes right along with NEVER using turn signals, and NEVER pulling over for emergency vehicles.
mad.gif

I have HIDs in my fog lights and have them wired so they only come on with the brights. I don't bother flashing them. I just turn them on and leave them on until they dim theirs.

Originally Posted By: jrustles
Originally Posted By: robshelton
I couldn't really see - and now it was his turn. Q-beam aimed back at him as I drove and I guess he couldn't see as he backed way off. He followed at a respectful distance after that. We had a good laugh and I'm glad he didn't appear armed or I might not be writing this.

LOL always wanted to do that to a tailgater!

Friend of mine had a big spotlight (aircraft landing light) in the back window of his van for that. Sadly...he sold it with the van.
frown.gif

Aftermarket replacement headlights/bulbs are an epidemic here. If we want them off the roadways the only realistic solution is to ban them outright and fine the local vendors for selling them (JB's power centre). It is unrealistic to expect law enforcement, whom are outnumbered, to pursue every blue eyed idiot.

I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with high lumen, aftermarket road lamps and work lamps. For some of us there is a legitimate need for long distance lights and wide angle lights. At least aftermarket road lamps require a relay switch system, and can be turned off. When an aftermarket headlamp or bulb replaces the stock headlamp or bulb, the user is unable to dim the ridiculously bright low beam most of these kits have. The only motorists forced to view my road lamps are those that force me to view theirs.

While truckers are typically better mannered with lights, we have our share of blue eyed idiots too. I run highway, at night and It's to the point I need a welders face shield to protect my eye sight. It's a good thing Alberta is a landlocked province, the light from our commuters could set a porting ship off course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back