Swapping Jetta update...

We essentially lost 3 payments. Moving forward payments are actually less though due to the sales price combined with VW assistance. Totally worth it in my book for peace of mind.
So basically you paid the dealership roughly 600-800$ to get a car that actually is worth less then the previous one you had? Hmmmmm.....

Edit. is't the same trim S, i misread. Regardless, cash down the drain.

Last edited:
You'll find a blemish on this one, too. I hope you don't have a minor fender bender. You'll have body repair with paint blending on a bran new car.

Kudos to VW. It looks like they went above and beyond, especially for a customer who purchased an entry level, base model.

Congrats I guess. That's a nice shade of blue.

You'll find a blemish on this one, too. I hope you don't have a minor fender bender. You'll have body repair with paint blending on a bran new car.

Kudos to VW. It looks like they went above and beyond, especially for a customer who purchased an entry level, base model.

Congrats I guess. That's a nice shade of blue.
Yeah, kudos for making extra few hundreeds off of the same customer lol

Yeah, kudos for making extra few hundreeds off of the same customer lol
Actually it was probably more. Those contracts get really hard to figure out in the heat of battle.

Greg, did you pay sales tax on the new one?

Actually it was probably more. Those contracts get really hard to figure out in the heat of battle.

Total “lost” was around $600. We got our first car for over $3000 off, which is more than the average buyer in our area negotiated. So looking at the equation that way, we are still ahead of Joe Blow who bought the same car we did.

Someone else may have handled this differently and that’s fine. For us every time we got in the car the paint blemish was right there above the drivers door, a constant reminder. It bothered us, now it doesn’t. Here’s to long happy relationship with our new Jetta.

It seemed pretty simple to me. In fact I explained it to my sales man in detail and provided the documentation from VW. I kept my cool and was very observant the whole time, not rushing anything as to not miss something sneaky.

Glad you are happy with the the deal. I’ve found paint issues on the last 7 new vehicles I’ve bought. I just chalk it up to waterborne paints and poor QC and don’t mess with having it repaired.

Glad you are happy with the the deal. I’ve found paint issues on the last 7 new vehicles I’ve bought. I just chalk it up to waterborne paints and poor QC and don’t mess with having it repaired.
What are you buying?

My Atlas is flawless.

I picked it up after dark and requested it be in the showroom for my arrival.

Should have seen their faces when I busted out the Scangrip and depth gauge.

What are you buying?

My Atlas is flawless.

Nice! They probably had no idea such a device existed.

Thanks! Same exact car as before. Silk Blue S trim with driver assistance. The only difference is this one has an electronic fuel vapor release and fuel door latch.
That fuel door latch is the only thing that has broken on my Atlas.

And of course I was on fumes when it wouldn't let the door go.

What are you buying?

My Atlas is flawless.

2009 Ram 1500
2011 Grand Cherokee
2012 Impala
2014 Lexus GX460
2017 Yukon XL
2017 Corvette
2019 Ford Raptor

All have/had flaws in the factory finish. Dirt/nibs under the paint, runs, peeling edges of bumper covers, etc. I’m pretty observant of paint quality though and 90% of buyers wouldn’t notice most of this stuff but people that detail or obsess over cars would find it. My 2006 Jetta for what it’s worth had pretty good paint and I can’t remember anything wrong with that one.

Back