Surprised at the gun lube prices...

I don’t recall G96 ever being a low cost product. Add shipping into the price and it’s even more.

While there probably is some reason why G96 may have superior performance in some application area, other products will make similar claims and are worth the look as well.

Quick stroll through ebay see G96 is like $29 for 12oz!....what are people using now?, I'm almost out and need to restock.
I am currently using this product for my shotguns (2 Benelli M4 SBS's and a Supernova pump), as well as on my pistols, no affiliation:
I am currently using SLIP2000 EWL on anything suppressed/AR based.

I am currently using this product for my shotguns (2 Benelli M4 SBS's and a Supernova pump), as well as on my pistols, no affiliation:
I am currently using SLIP2000 EWL on anything suppressed/AR based.

Love their sense of humor 😂

"Snake Oil is painstaking made from the finest quality snakes (not to mention hard to find, since we're by the beach). We select them by intelligence, appearance, and attitude. The spelling bee segment of the competition is especially fierce, most of them didn't do well. Ssss seems to be the only thing any of them can spell, it's not even a word. Some of them just rattle rattle."

For gun lube, and cleaner, I’ve found that online shopping is often much higher priced than a local store, or a big outdoors company like Midway.

Wait until Midway has free shipping, or bundle the gun lube with your new hunting jacket, shooting supplies, scope, whatever, and the shipping isn’t a factor.

Quick stroll through ebay see G96 is like $29 for 12oz!....what are people using now?, I'm almost out and need to restock.
*Beter prices on G96 to be found elsewhere at Amazon , Cabela's , etc. of around $14 per bottle for the synthetic version of G96.

Mostly G96 synthetic CLP here. Compared to the cost of ammo these days the cost of the CLP doesn't seem that bad.

I tried a product called Shooter Lube several months back and have been very pleased. I ran out of Hoppes #9 and needed some new cleaning solvent and my wife always complained about the smell of Hoppes. I stumbled across the Shooter Lube and thought I'd give it a try. I do not detect any smell when using, it cleans up pistols and AR's pretty quickly, and the wife ain't complaining. It looks like a little goes a long way...which is a plus.

I do a lot of shooting and carry guns against my skin. I have transitioned my carry pistols over to the Shooter Lube oil and it works just as good as any other oil or "gun" oil. I do use grease in certain areas on certain guns. For that I have used TW-25B, Shooters Choice and Mili-Tec in the past. Currently I'm using some Tetra gun grease that I picked up on clearance at the LGS.

Just for the record, I gave my brother Hoppe’s #9 air fresheners for his truck.

He and I both agree, the smell of Hoppe’s brings back good memories. I’ll always like that smell!

After reading about another member's observations using non detergent 30 grade oil, I thought I'd give it a try. Just so happened we had an open quart at our shop, so I've got that in a 1oz bottle with a needle applicator
A few years ago I purchased a quart of non detergent motor oil on sale at Walmart just in case I can't buy actual gun oil at some point :) I haven't had to use it yet.

Back