Sure are a lot of werid things happen at work

That is the bolt that holds the caliper to the bracket. The bracket to axle bolt is gone.
Ya, the bracket to spindle/knuckle/axle, whatever your preferred pronoun is for that part, were the common ones to fall out on Super Dutys and I think older F-150 also. The new ones came with a yellow threadlocker and at least the new ones say to not re-use them in the shop manual.

Looks like some disgruntled employee(s) trying to cause trouble.

It happens at all jobs unfortunately.

Reactions: JC1
Pics

Attachments

• IMG_20210422_105001757.jpg
    IMG_20210422_105001757.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20210422_105004884.jpg
    IMG_20210422_105004884.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20210422_105520320.jpg
    IMG_20210422_105520320.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 31
You got plenty of water and food Chris ???

And hopefully cell service...

I'm joking of course.

But that is a legitimate concern for people in the western US... People from the East like myself do not realize just how REMOTE many, many areas are out there. San Bernardino county alone is larger than a number of northeast states... In southeast Oregon there are stretches of roads where there are no towns or nothing for 100+ miles. Montana is the same way obviously... Massive expanse with nothing around and no people either. People have died from running out of gas and going on "roads" suggested by the GPS...

You are tough, very smart and know what to do out there Chris. So.... You are good to go.

You got plenty of water and food Chris ???

And hopefully cell service...

I'm joking of course.

But that is a legitimate concern for people in the western US... People from the East like myself do not realize just how REMOTE many, many areas are out there. San Bernardino county alone is larger than a number of northeast states... In southeast Oregon there are stretches of roads where there are no towns or nothing for 100+ miles. Montana is the same way obviously... Massive expanse with nothing around and no people either. People have died from running out of gas and going on "roads" suggested by the GPS...

You are tough, very smart and know what to do out there Chris. So.... You are good to go.
I always wonder if its worth it to get something like the Garmin inReach Mini, about $300 and a satellite plan is about $144/year if you're out in the desert often without cell service.

We had cell service but no internet. I am in a pickup ( that runs) and have been running around all day chasing parts. No luck. The fuel filters are full of metal chips so something in the fuel system came apart. We are getting it towed.

Back