Sure are a lot of werid things happen at work

On my first day the new boss takes me out back to show me around and there is a rogue peterbilt driving around with no driver! It crashed into another truck and stopped.

Other strange things are oil filters that come loose. Crankshafts breaking and now a large caliper bolt fell out at a job site an Hour away.

I put a oil filter on a backhoe and 3 months later it came loose! You could still see the marks from my strap wrench on it from when I put it on.

Now this caliper bolt 14 months after someone put brakes on this truck.

I honestly think that A. There is a ghost. B. A former employee or competing company is savatoging equipment. Likely B imo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210421-184805.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-184805.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 90
If you hear what sounds like a small rock hitting something once in a while, duck, run in a zig-zag and get out of there and when you are no longer in sight of the open area around the building and can not be seen through any window, call the police to have them come out and look for bullet holes.

I knew someone who worked for a newspaper co. when there were problems going on and one day he heard a couple of what he at the time thought were rocks hitting metal one morning as he was loading his tuck, and later that day he saw the bullet holes in the truck.

The rouge Peterbilt is enough to raise some major red flags. Some security and police involvement is called for.
They have a guy that comes on every morning and starts all the trucks up to let them warm up. Bad idea I know but that is their deal. Somehow one with an auto trans got into drive and the brakes released.

The job I did today with the caliper bolt did not effect the employees. They called it in and I got dispatched to go fix it.

I worked for a utility co. and the employees that drove trucks were supposed to unlatch the large fiberglass hood and pivot it forward to inspect under the hood every morning before they moved there truck. I never saw anyone else do that, but I inspected my truck the first work day of every week. One morning they gave me a different truck ( mine was in for routine maintnce and inspection ) and of course I inspected under the hood, and an engine belt was worn down to the size of a shoe string that was still connecting it in one area. I went in to my boss and told him I could not use that truck and why. Later that day I over-heard my boss talking to the co. garage on the phone and one of the things he asked is if that truck could have been sabotaged? I highly suspect it was not, and that the normal driver who was out that day just never ever inspected under the hood. Kinda strange when you hear a boss asking the mechanic if the problem might have been caused by sabotage.

I've been saying for decades now that the auto/truck repair and maintenance industry is one of the sleaziest in the country.
Nothing surprises me in this field. Lots of cheats, cons, hustlers, thieves, ect...

If you hear what sounds like a small rock hitting something once in a while, duck, run in a zig-zag and get out of there and when you are no longer in sight of the open area around the building and can not be seen through any window, call the police to have them come out and look for bullet holes.

I knew someone who worked for a newspaper co. when there were problems going on and one day he heard a couple of what he at the time thought were rocks hitting metal one morning as he was loading his tuck, and later that day he saw the bullet holes in the truck.

Were there any motor oil cans in the area?

Doesn't necessarily need to be a "former" employee.
Very true.

I’ve become good friends with an dairy old farmer who lives down the road. Lived out here since the 60’s. His son is also a heavy machinery mechanic and his experience pretty much mirrors what my friend has to say about the job.

Operators don’t care about the machines at all. They don’t even want to work if a bulb is out and when he asks them to help him diagnose it over the phone, they tell him it’s not their job. They had a brand new light tower that they ran over with a bulldozer..

A loose oil filter is a simple way to create a problem while covering their butts IMO. “It’s not my fault. It’s Chris’s. I checked the oil before use.”

On a side note, don’t some filters aside from K and N have the dome nut? Cat perhaps? Put a nut on that with some safety wire. Lol

Somehow one with an auto trans got into drive and the brakes released.

Many folks have the bad habit of assuming the parking brake is set just because an unaired truck sets them automatically

We have had trucks roll in neutral mainly in cold weather after they ran long enough to build pressure and release the ebrake

Back