Supertech synthetic now meets GM 4718

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: addyguy

Let's just say I have my doubts that ST syn 'actually meets' 4718M - not an easy spec to meet at the price point its sold at....

I agree but it has to be true if not that's false advertising a no no,they wouldn't risk that.

cool bottles seen them today for the first time.

I don't know the particulars of the GM 4718M spec ..but if it's anything like the Sequence IIIG test, it's a PASS:FAIL test. Many oils PASS better than others.

Yea i don't know either,to lazy to look it up, and yes i agree,one could pass with a D- and the other a A+,i would rather have the A oil.

funny stuff by silver6 and his big savings on 850.00 monthly payment now that he can use supertech and valucraft...

Time for a voa....as depending on the price, I might give this a go in the ole daily driver for my next oci.

Originally Posted By: Canawler
I was at a Walmart last week and saw Supertech synthetic in a new clear bottle and it said it now meets GM's 4718 spec.

It is coming up to the one year mark since GM has published a 4718/ 6094 oil list. Do you think we will see a new one this summer?

GM4718MApprovalList.jpg

Thanks for the list. I cant find reference to this May 2009 revision date on the web
21.gif

And no mention of Supertech

Last edited:
Yeah, that shocked me about the 0W-20 - that means you could run this 20-weight in your 'Vette!

....wonder how many Corvette owner will do THAT?

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Mobil 1 0W-20 on the GM4718M list?! I never thought I'd see that!

Heard it was a great oil and group 4...

That MSDS data page is dated much farther back than the above list of approved oils. I just sent off an email to Mobil regarding this issue, hopefully they respond back soon.

I am unable to find an electronic version of the above approved oils list with a more recent date than September 18th 2008. It looks like this above sheet was scanned from a hard copy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back