SuperTech Synthetic 5/10w30 specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have an idea what the specs are for this oil? Cold crank, 40C, 100C viscosities, flashpoint? Search results are rather old and I wonder what the SM/A3 specs look like right now.

I'd like to see them too. I spent the $$ for the SL formula VOA last time, anyone else want to send in a VOA to see what the latest formula looks like?

I really don't think this oil, or the Supertech HM synthetic are actually ACEA A3 rated. If you carefully read the packiging, it says it meets A3 quality; it does not say it is A3 rated.

"meets or exceeds" is a standard term used when an oil is tested for something. Let's not jump to conclsions. Short of having hard evidence against their claim, one must believe they indeed meet the A3-02 spec.

Picking nits is an obligatory BITOG pastime. We really all should be caged in a zoo to entertain normal people. The "Fram" and "E-core" cages would be especially entertaining.
wink.gif

Read again, it says it "meets A3 quality specs". If an oil is actually A3 rated, it would list it down in the little spot where all the other specs that it meets are listed (SM/GF-4 etc.). Short of having hard evidence that Walmart synthetic oil of all oils meets the coveted A3 rating, one must believe that it doesn't in fact meet the actual spec but in fact is marketed to meet A3 quality.

My local WallyWorld has the Supertech 5w-30 "new car synthetic" and the 10w-30 "high mileage synthetic" lubes. That's all they offer for syns.

I tried searching every search engine to see if I could find a data sheet but no success. Well, maybe it is A3 rated, maybe it isn't. Guess we'll never know! I wonder if we could email EOM or WPP and see if they'd spill the beans? If this stuff really is A3 rated, I may have to use it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back