SuperTech still decent oil?

I have recently bought Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 for $20 per 5 qt jug on ebay.. if you buy 4 jugs it goes down to $19.23 per 5 qt jug plus it comes with a free roll of Scott Shop towels.

It meets API SP.
I prefer oils that meet the API SN/SP, and also meet the latest MB 229.52 spec (Ex: Mobil 1 5W-30 ESP), as API SP on it's own lowers the bar too much and is too easy for any oil to pass. Also the Pennzoil Platinum and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-30 oils are on the very thin side as 5W-30's go, on the border line with 5W-20's. You may wish to try Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic High Mileage 5W-30, which is thicker and has Kinematic Viscosity of 11.4 @ 100C.

Last edited:
I have recently bought Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 for $20 per 5 qt jug on ebay.. if you buy 4 jugs it goes down to $19.23 per 5 qt jug plus it comes with a free roll of Scott Shop towels.

Aren't you afraid of the oil being counterfeit, or maybe it was sitting in some guy's basement storage for 5+ years and may no longer be good to use?

Last edited:
Aren't you afraid of the oil being counterfeit, or maybe it was sitting in some guy's basement storage for 5+ years and may no longer be good to use?

Yes, I emailed the seller ahead of time and he ensured me that it was fresh stock.

Sure enough, the bottles were fresh stock and actually shipped from a WalMart just 15 miles away from me.

It’s a long weird story, but he is a drop shipper and selling oil via Walmarts website with a coupon deal that is no longer available to the public.

It’s only 5W-30 Pennzoil Platinum and they generally show up with a free roll of Scott Shop towels (one roll per 5qt jug)

So if you buy some they will be shipped from the closest Walmart that has them in stock.

but yeah there is a lot of old expired stuff on eBay so you gotta watch out, in this particular case it’s brand new but even if it was old I wouldn’t be too worried about oil expiring…

Yes, I emailed the seller ahead of time and he ensured me that it was fresh stock.

Sure enough, the bottles were fresh stock and actually shipped from a WalMart just 15 miles away from me.

It’s a long weird story, but he is a drop shipper and selling oil via Walmarts website with a coupon deal that is no longer available to the public.

It’s only 5W-30 Pennzoil Platinum and they generally show up with a free roll of Scott Shop towels (one roll per 5qt jug)

So if you buy some they will be shipped from the closest Walmart that has them in stock.

but yeah there is a lot of old expired stuff on eBay so you gotta watch out, in this particular case it’s brand new but even if it was old I wouldn’t be too worried about oil expiring…
Same story here. I went out to the mailbox yesterday and found a "Walmart" bag on the front porch with the oil, just one jug, and a roll of paper towels. Hasn't even shown as shipped on eBay. I wondered how he was selling for less than the Walmart price. Works for me!

Same story here. I went out to the mailbox yesterday and found a "Walmart" bag on the front porch with the oil, just one jug, and a roll of paper towels. Hasn't even shown as shipped on eBay. I wondered how he was selling for less than the Walmart price. Works for me!
Stolen perhaps?

It's being drop shipped from walmart, I think the $2.17 paper towels bundle from 2 years is still in the system and somehow that guy has figured out how to order it through the API even though you can't directly order it on their website.
Wow.
Amazing deal.

Back