Supertech oil prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read lots of posts on here about the lowish price of supertech oil. Is that an American thing only? At my local Walmart, a jug of ST synthetic is $45+ a jug, I think it's actually more expensive than Mobil. The other thing is, it never goes on sale. Usually they have either Castrol or Valvoline synpower on sale for about $26-28 a jug, and recently Maxlife for $18.

Originally Posted By: leeaspell
Is that an American thing only?

Yes.

The sad thing about the Tune It!/SuperTech here in Canada is that it sells quite well, despite cheaper options being available.

Originally Posted By: CR94
Maybe a mistake? I bet they don't sell much at that price.

I don't think so, it's been expensive as long as I've lived here, 11 years now. Even the conventional is expensive and never on sale, considering vwb or pyb are almost always on-sale for $14, or like my one score last year, $1 per jug

Originally Posted By: sir1900

Yes.

The sad thing about the Tune It!/SuperTech here in Canada is that it sells quite well, despite cheaper options being available.

Based on the dust the jugs collect I don't think it sells very well....people are not that stupid...

It's a very nice deal if you buy a 5 gallon pail of the stuff, or find the once a year giant rollback, which didn't happen this Christmas.

CharlieBauer: Canadians like to pay a lot for their oil. The west side Walmart here, a few years back, had pallets of VWB for $9.88, and it lasted for many, many months. Everyone must have thought that at that price, something was wrong with it.

If there's a good sale, Canadians will run to it. If it's too deep of a cut, and too much stock available, then there's clearly something wrong with the oil, and it cannot be purchased.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream

Yes.

Based on the dust the jugs collect I don't think it sells very well....people are not that stupid...

They are out here
grin.gif

Trust me. You would be shocked to see how often people are buying jugs of synthetic for $44 and up.

Originally Posted By: Garak

It's a very nice deal if you buy a 5 gallon pail of the stuff, or find the once a year giant rollback, which didn't happen this Christmas.

CharlieBauer: Canadians like to pay a lot for their oil. The west side Walmart here, a few years back, had pallets of VWB for $9.88, and it lasted for many, many months. Everyone must have thought that at that price, something was wrong with it.

If there's a good sale, Canadians will run to it. If it's too deep of a cut, and too much stock available, then there's clearly something wrong with the oil, and it cannot be purchased.

I've never seen ST on sale up here.

Walmart was running the $9.88 VWB sale for Black Friday. It comes in a 4L jug. Some stores still have some left.

This discussion should be about oil. Lets just end this "canadian thing" . One word...."Universal health care". They got it. We got missles instead.

They ( canadians ) have my respect.

Oh and supertech is cheap here in the missle filled usa.

I've never seen ST on sale up here.

Two or three Christmases ago (I believe it was three, wasn't this year or last year, I'm sure), just before or after the TuneIt! switch, it was rolled back to $6 per four litre jug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back