SuperTech still decent oil?

While we are on this topic; can my Canadian friends confirm it’s a OK deal? Also does Safety Kleen up there still make the Canadian version?

Thank You🇨🇦🇨🇦🍻
The price has risen to $25 for a 5 liter jug but even on sale the name brands are quite a bit higher. Of course if there is a good sale on them I stock up but Supertech is still a good deal typically.

Paco

I use it currently in 2/5 of my vehicles but likely will move on to something else based on the price...at $16 it was a great deal for an older vehicle or one that sees easy use but now at $21 or whatever I'd just assume use QS.

Also, in before lock as usual :ROFLMAO:

based on what I've read on this Forum there are as good or better choices for less money but Super Tech is fine if it meets your vehicles requirements...

Good luck with your choice

Bill

based on what I've read on this Forum there are as good or better choices for less money but Super Tech is fine if it meets your vehicles requirements...

Good luck with your choice

Bill
I don't see any full syn oil (at least at Wally) for less than ST at ~$21. The only thing cheaper are the blends.

recently, around here, Menards (home depot type store) has had Quaker State full synthetic for about $17.99 on sale, similar around Christmas for Penzoil full synthetic (their entry level synthetic)... Farm and Fleet near me had Royal Purple on a buy one get one (but could only get the two at a time) 5 quart jug for $34.99 so it was $17.50 for 5 quarts...

it had been previously reported on this Forum that Super Tech was $25 at their local Walmart...although the latest price is $20.38 checking just now

Bill

recently, around here, Menards (home depot type store) has had Quaker State full synthetic for about $17.99 on sale, similar around Christmas for Penzoil full synthetic (their entry level synthetic)... Farm and Fleet near me had Royal Purple on a buy one get one (but could only get the two at a time) 5 quart jug for $34.99 so it was $17.50 for 5 quarts...

it had been previously reported on this Forum that Super Tech was $25 at their local Walmart...although the latest price is $20.38 checking just now

Bill
Love me some Menards 🥰

Funny how it did go up in price for a short time and people won't forget that, still talking about the $25+ cost for it or how there's "better" oils for the same price, when it's been back down to the $20-22 range for weeks or months. $21.48 locally, FWIW.

I just bought two jugs for 20-and change from Walmart. Everything else seemed more expensive. Fwiw

Bill
$25.98 at my Wally Mart. Roughly the same as all the other regular synthetics. EP syns around $38.

Yeah, another SuperTech thread.

Picked up a jug of ST 5W30 Full Syn a few days ago for my next oil change. Just wondering if it's still, after all these years, the same decent additive package. If it's trash, I'll take it back and peel off the extra coin for some Mobil 1 or something.
Can guarantee it’s formulated to meet the minimum requirements of the specs it carries. Key word being minimum.

No - it's not the same "after all these years". That's because it's API SP rated now, like most all other lubes. So the additive package isn't the same, obviously. That does not mean it's worse; it's simply different. In fact, if you're using it in vehicle with a DI high-compression engine, then the SP is preferred over the older formulations anyway.

Why in the world would you think it's "trash"? Are you just trolling us for reactions?

ST offers good lubes now, just like they did a decade ago.
You do realize there are people in the world that know less about oil than you right??
Why would he be trolling if he just started getting into oil formulation??

Supertech is still a good oil but it is no longer a value as it once was. I have been buying Quaker State Full Syn for $22 a jug at walmart which is cheaper than the supertech at $26 a jug. I also get the STP full syn delivered to my shop from autozone for $24 a jug so that's basically what I been using lately.

Supertech is still a good oil but it is no longer a value as it once was. I have been buying Quaker State Full Syn for $22 a jug at walmart which is cheaper than the supertech at $26 a jug. I also get the STP full syn delivered to my shop from autozone for $24 a jug so that's basically what I been using lately.
It’s a good oil, still way overpriced though 🙊🙊🙊🙊

Back