SuperTech Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the NY area Nassau, a Wally has Quaker State
34.gif
syn at $18 Super Tech is $17 so it is a no brainer I think.

Originally Posted By: mrwilmoth
anyone know who currently makes there oil?

It depends on the area of the country you are in. The Warren Distribution bottles are easy to spot because they say WPP on the bottom. My Walmart stocks from ExxonMobil, so the Supertech they have is supposed to be the same as Exxon Superflo. You can tell because the bottles are exactly the same as Superflo for the quarts, and the 5 quarts are exactly the same as the XOM dino bottles.

Either way, a 5k OCI should be doable on either oil.

I Started using the synthetic in my 1993 sonoma. It now runs quieter and smoother than with valvoline durablend! As long as there is no sludge build up I'll stay with it.

Originally Posted By: jimsgmc
I Started using the synthetic in my 1993 sonoma. It now runs quieter and smoother than with valvoline durablend! As long as there is no sludge build up I'll stay with it.

Sounds like it's doing a good job...

I wouldn't hesitate to use their DexIV trans fluid. It has the license number printed right on the bottle, so it should be just as good as Castrol or Valvoline DexIV.

Ive used the 5w30 syn from supertech. the last time i bought 2 in the clear quarts and when i got home i noticed white stuff on the bottom of the bottle. I shook it for a solid two minutes and it slowly mixed in with the oil, but not totally. Ive since never seen this white "waxy" stuff on any other bottle when looking at them at WMart. Still havent used the two quarts.

I have one quart of the ST syn. with some type of crud at the bottom of the clear bottle. I'm just going to keep it sitting there on the shelf until someone offers an explanation I can be comfortable with.

SuperTech is quality oil. I run it often in all my cars. It looks like a low quality product from the packaging but thats where you save your money. My cars run smooth and quiet with the synthetic. I havent used their dino for a few years since I got on the synthetic train but I do know its also a quality product.

I haven't used it, but in looking at the dino data on the PQI it compares favourably to the majors and has the right stuff that I'm looking for in my oil add pack. I would use the dino without reservation as, aside from the above, its regularly about 30% cheaper than the couple name brand dinos that go on sale here (GTX, PYB, Valvoline).

Their syn is still overpriced at my WMs compared to PP and Syntec though.

-Spyder

I have a Tacoma with 150,000 miles and a Vibe with 85k. I've used mostly ST oil along the way. I have had no engine issues with either. There are some many peripheral factors that go into vehicle maintenance that it's hard to pin things just on oil choice/quality. Just to name a few like maint intervals,driving style/distances & all types of issues. I had a 626 Mozda with 216k on it when I let it go. It still had no engine issues & I usually used whatever dino oil was on sale, as long as it was up to the latest specs.

Just a little rant, oil type/price/perceived quality is just one of many factors. I also submit that there is no 'Wal-Mart' refinery. It comes from one of the very few big boys & is packaged for WM.

Don't use their dino or syn. With the majors like QS, MC5k, HavDS et al. within $1-$2 a jug and promo specials, little cost benefit for me. Same for syn with QSHP/UD within $1.50-$2.00 a jug and PP close and sale/filter combo promos/rebates, I stick with the majors.

Do use their transmission fluid, particularly right now, their multi vehicle ATF.

Originally Posted By: MrMeeks
I have one quart of the ST syn. with some type of crud at the bottom of the clear bottle. I'm just going to keep it sitting there on the shelf until someone offers an explanation I can be comfortable with.

I have nothing to sell and no ax to grind concerning Supertech. But stuff is found on the bottom of all sorts/brands of oil bottles, and I consider it normal for oil that has been sitting.
I'd shake it and forget about it. UNLESS it is severe/chunky/abnormal.

Blackstone themselves said "Oil is Oil" as long as you're not pushing the limits of that particular brand/type.

I use ST in our van because of the short intervals. No sense even spending the extra $2 on the hooptie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back