supertech oil line up

wow! seemsjust the other day supertech was the cheap $2 a qt stuff at Wal-Mart with only 2 or 3 grades. now they have synthetic high mileage and European stuff! ill be honest it looks pretty good and the price aint bad. how does all the new stuff perform?

With good OCI and filter, it does just as good as top-tier oils. Down side is the slightly higher NOACK which is why I don't use it in my 19" Sorento GDI engine. If it wasn't for that, I'd have no problem using it. I've used it in other vehicles and it does what oil is designed to do.

Dave: my Wal Marts don’t have the euro lineup yet 🤬

That sucks !!! Only noticed it looking for more M1 5W20 HM 12qt boxes on top over stock shelf. I'm not paying attention to it unless it's on clearance lol

One factor was it was a Super Walmart in a very $$Exclusive$$ town in Texas with many European luxury cars.

Dave

Do you mean Supertech Euro 5w-40? That's been out for quite a while.

Yes I noticed that 5qt jug with the new "10,000 miles protection" labeling and I saw single quarts of Supertech 0W-40 full syn at the Crossroads, Texas Walmart location 🤷‍♂️ Bottles had the international labeling English/French/Spanish wording on it ??

Have no clue whats the big deal about all this ??🤪:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🤷‍♂️

Dave

My local Wal-Mart 4 miles north.of me, had 5 quarts of suspected dino,10w30 for $2 quart.I didn't buy it. That was the blue,green label bottle. They have made lineup now. $2.98 quart for conventional, $3 ..something another for synthetic.

Well, I guess I have spent too much time on BITOG, because I bought my first SuperTech, not the advanced, not the Euro, just the regular. My thought is that I am going to get a MityVac, and change my oil more often, rather than buying more expensive oil. My car has over 108 k on it. I plan to keep it another 90k or so, and it is a moderate oil burner, so that's my plan and I am sticking to it.

I try to stay away from actually going inside Wallyworld. I just buy online and have it delivered.

Well, I guess I have spent too much time on BITOG, because I bought my first SuperTech, not the advanced, not the Euro, just the regular. My thought is that I am going to get a MityVac, and change my oil more often, rather than buying more expensive oil. My car has over 108 k on it. I plan to keep it another 90k or so, and it is a moderate oil burner, so that's my plan and I am sticking to it.
How does a mighty vac help you change oil more often? Are you pumping oil through the fill hole rather than draining?

How does a mighty vac help you change oil more often? Are you pumping oil through the fill hole rather than draining?
If I don't have to get under my car I don't have to jack it up, and I save time placing jack stands under it for safety. I have to take my car up to the very limits of the jack's range to get the stands under it, so it always takes a little bit of time to do that right. Then I also have to take the oil out of the waste pan and pour it into another container before I take it to a place that accepts waste oil for recyling. It will save me time on the waste oil transfer as well, as pouring from the waste pan is also a little difficult to do without making a mess. I am not pumping oil through the fill hole, just I have found, from using a pump extractor on my lawn mower, that the process is much quicker than jacking, waiting for all the old oil to drip out and then making the transfer.

If I don't have to get under my car I don't have to jack it up, and I save time placing jack stands under it for safety. I have to take my car up to the very limits of the jack's range to get the stands under it, so it always takes a little bit of time to do that right. Then I also have to take the oil out of the waste pan and pour it into another container before I take it to a place that accepts waste oil for recyling. It will save me time on the waste oil transfer as well, as pouring from the waste pan is also a little difficult to do without making a mess. I am not pumping oil through the fill hole, just I have found, from using a pump extractor on my lawn mower, that the process is much quicker than jacking, waiting for all the old oil to drip out and then making the transfer.
How do you extract the oil with a pump? Does it connect to the drain plug hole? this is the first I’ve heard of a pump oil change on anything other than OPE.

Back