Supertech High Mileage ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Supertech high mileage has any synthetic in it? I just wondered because some of the high mileage oils do.

Thanks

If you're referring to the red bottle version blended and bottled for WalMart by Warren Performance Products (look for WPP on the bottle's bottom), it is a Group II/Group III blend. How much is Group III, though, is anyone's guess.

Yes I am talking about the red bottles. Thank you for the reply, I wonder if there is any way to find out how much group III is in it. I may try to email them and find out.

quote:

Originally posted by jfug97:
Does anyone know if Supertech high mileage has any synthetic in it?

There was some speculation to that effect in THIS link. The pour point seems pretty low so one might deduce that there's some Grp3 in there.

quote:

Originally posted by Brikhead:

quote:

Originally posted by jfug97:
Does anyone know if Supertech high mileage has any synthetic in it?

There was some speculation to that effect in THIS link. The pour point seems pretty low so one might deduce that there's some Grp3 in there.

Grp III pour points are similar to Grp II,II(+) pour points (~ -18°C) unless PPDs are used.

The old version of this was labeled as a syn blend. The new bottles do not list the product as a blend. Havoline HM is the synthetic blend formula with seal conditioners added, as well as Maxlife being DuraBlend with conditioners. I'm get the feeling that most HM oils are the respective companies synblend offerings with seal conditioners in them. Makes sense actually, to take a current product and extend it's marketability by pefuming the pig, and giving him a pretty bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back