Super Tech vs all others....

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Super Tech Full Synthetic now $17.98 and Pennzoil Full Synthetic $18.83 --- I will pay the couple more cents for the Pennzoil --- ALL DAY!!!
@BAJA_05 Pennzoil FS only meets SP, not dexos1' unfortunately. Even if you don't drive a GM and come to the conclusion you don't need dexos1', it doesn't change the fact it's a tougher approval than either API SP or ILSAC GF-6.

Last edited:
@BAJA_05 Pennzoil FS only meets SP, not dexos1' unfortunately. Even if you don't drive a GM and come to the conclusion you don't need dexos1', it doesn't change the fact it's a tougher approval than either API SP or ILSAC GF-6.
I get your point. By all means -- ride high with your Super Tech.

I run ST in 2/5 of my vehicles. These are for my teenagers and are both older. Works fine in both applications for 5K changes/5K miles a year. Not bothering with UOAs, what will it tell you here? Nothing.
You can also do 5k comfortably on the ST SYN Blend as well with zero worries. Using FS at 5k is waste.

the 5w30 version is not comparable to vanilla mobil 1 let alone EP, it is an entry oil and nothing more. the 0w20 is a good value with premium base stock even if it has a boring add pack.

if we’re going to be honest the “conventional” 10k and 20k versions are probably the same. if all you need is a bare minimum D1G2/SP you will be satisfied.
Can you back up Anything you said here with hard facts? Doubtful. Just a blind love for well advertised products it seems.

Yes because VOA tell us everything about an oil's make-up.
then go pay the extra $2 and think you’re getting a better product lol

they buy better base stock for the euro line oil, they use a mix of GII+/GIII versions of PC purity for the dexos oils.

Last edited:
then go pay the extra $2 and think you’re getting a better product lol
That makes all the sense in world. Because you know...M1EP is about the same difference from M1. As is Edge EP to Edge. Still doesn't change the fact your basing your theory off of a VOA. Because I'm sure these companies list all their secrets on there for everyone to see.

I don't discourage anyone from using what they like if it meets specs. But some of these arguments are peculiar.

Double digit Noack - So what? "Boring add pack"? LOL. I'll give you one thing - you certainly are entertaining....
it’s blended with petrocanada purity and vhvi (not a GIII+ in any capacity) and it has bare minimum tbn

it’s an entry level syn and not better than vanilla M1. end of story

You can also do 5k comfortably on the ST SYN Blend as well with zero worries. Using FS at 5k is waste.
That is 1 year for me and hardly a waste to save $2 to go from the syn to the blend. Not a waste.

it’s blended with petrocanada purity and vhvi (not a GIII+ in any capacity) and it has bare minimum tbn

it’s an entry level syn and not better than vanilla M1. end of story
You forgot to bolster your argument for Mobil by claiming that it includes pixie dust and a good dose of unicorn tears.

I wouldn't go after Mobil1 because some guy on the internet is opinionated about Warren Distribution Syn. Mobil1 is a great product. As long as what you use meets the specs required or desired, it could be made with GrpII+ EHC. Who cares. It's the finished product that counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back