Super Tech vs all others....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who on here has seen the VOA's and the UOA's of Super Tech vs all others.

....I mean ALL OTHERS!!!!!

20k miles on the label and $17 a 5 quart jug.

API-SP and GF-6A

How many of you have been swayed over?

Gotta admit... I am about to join this club.

I have only viewed ST oil both dino & syn on the PQIA website.
IDK what makes their 20000 oil different/better than the 10000 oil or if we can actually go 10K to 20K.
I use the STFS oils when I can't get others cheaper in order to increase my stash or at the time when I need oil.
Sadly, ST Syn oils prices are on the increase.

Last edited:
I'd be very surprised to ever hear of an oil-related failure related to using the correct grade of ST synthetic for any semi-reasonable interval, and I'd have no heartburn about using it, to say the least. The 20k spec is impressive, and I have no reason to believe that it's not a high-quality oil.

It's a fantastic oil, but there's a lot of other good oils out there too, and combining rebates/sales/Walmart shopping allows economical oil selection too. As far as quality : price ratio is concerned I'm a fan of M1 Extended Performance from Walmart, for which I usually pay $24-27, and the $15 rebate that occurs a couple of times a year makes that a bit cheaper than ST. Is it quantifiably better? I don't think so, at least not on the ~10k runs I use it for. Would I use ST if they were out of M1? Without a doubt. Use it with confidence, but other oils can be had for the same price or cheaper, too.

I made the move in my 15 F150 5.0. I posted a 6k UOA last month.

I run ST in 2/5 of my vehicles. These are for my teenagers and are both older. Works fine in both applications for 5K changes/5K miles a year. Not bothering with UOAs, what will it tell you here? Nothing.

If you jump on ST being a 20k oil and take it for what it's worth, but criticized Mobil who did extensive testing, oil analysis, and tear downs in 3 different GDI engines, you're a hypocrite. "Just saying" :LOL:

Would you mind elaborating? I'm just curious. I only have 1 vehicle I regularly use M1 in, but it has worked well for me.
Absolutely! It started years ago when I changed the timing gears in the F150 with a steel camshaft gear. After the change there was a soft knock noise coming from the gear set. This is normal and the reason Ford used an aluminum gear with a nylon sprocket. Beginning around 2010-2012 I noticed the knock became much more annoying (I believe Mobil made formulation changes around this time). About 5 years ago I began a search for an oil that would alleviate, or help, the knock noise. The only solution that was offered by Mobil was M1 HM 10w-30 with it's higher HTHS. I stumbled on to ST with a "what the heck" attitude and it worked. I was so impressed that I tried the ST in the Ranger and 4Runner. All 3 vehicles ran smoother and quieter on ST FS 5w-30.. Last year I thought I would try their FS 5w-20 offering and there was no change except the much appreciated 1 MPG average increase in the 3 vehicles.

I have been a Supertech/Kirkland Signature oil convert for a few years. I got swayed by the M1 rebates and RGT clearance this year and couldn't let those go by.

The elements in Supertech all look really good, it has a strong starting viscosity and TBN, and its a great value.

If VOA info was posted on the bottles like oil nutrition facts, I think a lot of people would also join the ST camp.

I never need to be swayed if an oil has the API or Manufacturer required rating. Anything else is not required... *L*
With that said, I follow the manufacturers required oil change schedule not someone trying to sell me a product.
After all, why would I want to leave oil with grit and sand in it for 20,000 miles when for $20 I can change it out at 6500 miles as required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back