Super Tech oil at Walmart

Hello all,
I know I have seen a bunch of threads about Super Tech oil at Walmart saying being blended Warren Distributor’s.
I was at Walmarta few days ago talking to one of the techs while browsing motor oil. He told me that Super Tech is being blended by Mobil 1 for Walmart?
Has anyone else heard that or verify that?
Tech could be wrong or could be right.. Who knows.
Thank you.

I think in some regions or at some time periods I have heard Mobil was the supplier as well. No way of confirming this, just heard it years ago, I think on this website.

As large as the WM empire is (27 countries with retail outlets), they may well procure SuperTech from multiple suppliers/locations..

People say lots of things. The guy at my Walmart told me Citgo makes it but it’s Warren that makes it.

Citgo was making Supertech for certain regions at one time... Seems like Warren Distribution makes it for a lot of regions now.

Warren Distribution makes a LOT of oils for third parties... Typically using the same formulation in each Dexos approved oils...

1300-1500 ppm of calcium, 400-500 ppm of magnesium, 200-240 ppm of boron, 80 ppm of molybdenum...

Citgo was making Supertech for certain regions at one time... Seems like Warren Distribution makes it for a lot of regions now.

Warren Distribution makes a LOT of oils for third parties... Typically using the same formulation in each Dexos approved oils...

1300-1500 ppm of calcium, 400-500 ppm of magnesium, 200-240 ppm of boron, 80 ppm of molybdenum...
Yeah Warren is good oil. At my Walmart I think it says made by Warren but I don’t use it usually I wish places sold actual Warren oil. I’m in Virginia so it may have been Citgo at one point here.

Summary so no one asks:

Warren Distribution/Warren Performance Products: Being sucked into the Pritzker family so the governor will have something besides hotels to play with when his political career is over. ST/Costco/Amazon and a bunch of other brands.

Warren Oil- Harvest King and a bunch of other brands,

Mobil-- Think they may have bottled ST in the north east at one time but I'm sure Kentucky is WPP despite what the oil change guy said. I doubt if it was ever Mobil 1.

Summary so no one asks:

Warren Distribution/Warren Performance Products: Being sucked into the Pritzker family so the governor will have something besides hotels to play with when his political career is over. ST/Costco/Amazon and a bunch of other brands.

Warren Oil- Harvest King and a bunch of other brands,

Mobil-- Think they may have bottled ST in the north east at one time but I'm sure Kentucky is WPP despite what the oil change guy said. I doubt if it was ever Mobil 1.
Is that a bad thing?

I think in some regions or at some time periods I have heard Mobil was the supplier as well. No way of confirming this, just heard it years ago, I think on this website.
Think Mobil did private label oil pre merger …

Yeah Warren is good oil. At my Walmart I think it says made by Warren but I don’t use it usually I wish places sold actual Warren oil. I’m in Virginia so it may have been Citgo at one point here.

Yeah the oil made by Warren Distribution that is technically their own is Mag-1. . Which is really not easy to find around my area.

Federated Auto parts oil is made by Warren Distribution.

Yeah the oil made by Warren Distribution that is technically their own is Mag-1. . Which is really not easy to find around my area.

Federated Auto parts oil is made by Warren Distribution.
That’s good to know too. Federated in my area won’t sell to the public so they say anyway. I walked in and they told me they don’t sell to the public you have to be a business so they have lost my business. In my area Roanoke I can’t find the Warren itself anywhere except maybe the independent gas stations and that’s rare.

Back