New Super Tech Oil

I went to Walmart today and I can now answer my own questions. The SKU on the new 10K syn. is the same as on the older ST syn. so that means that the original ST syn. is now labeled for 10K (whether or not the formula has been upgraded is unknown). The new 20K syn. is the 'Advanced syn. and has a new SKU. The 10K stuff says "10K or one year whichever comes first" and the 20K stuff says "20K or one year whichever comes first"....so both are limited to one year of use. The 10K stuff says "Superior Wear Protection" while the 20K stuff says "Maximum Wear Protection". The 10K is $14.47 and the 20K is $16.96 for the 5 qt. jug...or 50c a quart difference....
Great info. Thanks!

So, how is it possible to make an oil this cheap go 20K? Wouldn't that require some more expensive base stocks? Save money by not having to market the product at all, like ads and racing sponsors?
WalMart has zero dollars invested in advertising SuperTech oil. Advertising can well out spend the cost of making oil.

When did the price increase to $17.12/17.22 for regular ST synthetic and $18.84/18.98/19.00 for ST advanced synthetic?
I just noticed that as well! I thought it was tied to my location. 5w30’s have the largest increase.

Back