Super Tech FS prices have increased again

My original post back in the beginning of January mentions that price, so it’s been that way for a while. But yeah, it used to be under $20 and was only a couple dollars more than regular STFS.
While I don't NEED any oil now I was thinking about picking something to stock in case. Maybe it will be Kirkland next time I can get to Costco. Of course I'll do the M1 EP with rebate this year when it comes out along with rollback pricing. But I would have liked to have a little stock of something.

I saw today where their 12 quart box is only $4 less than the 12 quart box of Mobile 1 LOL they won't be attracting many New customers at that price! Me I could just gladly leave that on the shelf at Walmart!
Yes even doing the New math that's only about .30 some cents a difference a quart!

I saw today where their 12 quart box is only $4 less than the 12 quart box of Mobile 1 LOL they won't be attracting many New customers at that price! Me I could just gladly leave that on the shelf at Walmart!

The 6 Qt Smart Change Box of Havoline Pro DS LIfelong Full Synthetic is LESS than a 5 Qt Jug Supertech Synthetic.

I am watching this thread with interest. I have used a lot of ST before but now that Warren has been sold and it looks like there are questions about the two different ST Synthetics I looked at different options. I have oil changes to do this weekend on both my own and my wife's Nissan Rogue. I will not have time to get to WM in person so I ordered oil and filters online last night to be delivered to my house tomorrow. ST regular 0W20 was $17.98, Valvoline Advanced 0W20 was $22.47. With the $5.00 per jug rebate Valvoline is right around the same price as ST but even without the rebate its only a few bucks more for name brand Valvoline so it makes sense.

I don't know what is going on with ST. I saw a couple threads where people were questioning the difference between the regular ST and Advanced ST, some say there is no difference in add packs and it may just be a marketing trick. I like the white ST Champ oil filters but they have not had the ST6607 in stock at my WM for weeks now. I wonder what is really going on and if we might soon see a new supplier for our beloved ST. For now it's back to Valvoline and Fram for me.

Last edited:
I am watching this thread with interest. I have used a lot of ST before but now that Warren has been sold and it looks like there are questions about the two different ST Synthetics I looked at different options. I have oil changes to do this weekend on both my own and my wife's Nissan Rogue. I will not have time to get to WM in person so I ordered oil and filters online last night to be delivered to my house tomorrow. ST regular 0W20 was $17.98, Valvoline Advanced 0W20 was $22.47. With the $5.00 per jug rebate Valvoline is right around the same price as ST but even without the rebate its only a few bucks more for name brand Valvoline so it makes sense.

I don't know what is going on with ST. I saw a couple threads where people were questioning the difference between the regular ST and Advanced ST, some say there is no difference in add packs and it may just be a marketing trick. I like the white ST Champ oil filters but they have not had the ST6607 in stock at my WM for weeks now. I wonder what is really going on and if we might soon see a new supplier for our beloved ST. For now it's back to Valvoline and Fram for me.

Yes its looking to me like greed has priced them right out of the market!

Yes its looking to me like greed has priced them right out of the market!
Something that probably needs to be considered when discussing their change in philosophy (regarding pricing), is that they were recently sold and purchased by someone else. And when that happens I have to think that the new buyer has to take on a considerable amount of debt, and therefore raise prices to cover that. I could be wrong about that, I’m not a business major, but I’ve certainly seen that before with other companies. Personally I’m not buying Super Tech again until the prices drop to the “bargain” it was before, instead I’m buying name brand stuff on sale/rebate (good luck to me in finding that), or I’m buying an extended performance oil and going further on my intervals...with hopes when I’m done with the interval things will be back to “normal”. Haha. I’m overthinking this, I know. 🤣🤣

Looking back when Costco had Kirkland brand on sale for $22 and change, I should have gotten 6 Jugs rather than 2. Got about 1700 miles on the Kirkland Brand now everything seems copasetic. I think I may extend my OCI this time to June/July rather than my typical April change.
The Kirkland prices just increased overnight...

The Kirkland prices just increased overnight...

$65.99 for a 4-pack of 5 qt jugs online, was $64.99 online.

Was $29.99 for two jugs in-store, then $32.99 last week.

Pennzoil vanilla full synthetic is $18.84 for a jug at Walmart. T

the statisticians could even argue that a person buying Pennzoil at $18.84 instead of the old SuperTech at $16-17 is equally happy as the buyer of $16 old Super Tech. This is how someone at a spreadsheet in DC can say that there is no inflation in the real world with a straight face (substitution effect w/statistical hedonic adjustment).

Get the Pennzoil before Skynet changes his mind.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 2B4904C6-AC11-4A5B-87C1-52F46F719AB6.jpg
    2B4904C6-AC11-4A5B-87C1-52F46F719AB6.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 3
My guess as to the price increase is, delivery costs (trucking) have increased and demand is up.
Costco is a for profit business; they use incredible computer algorithms to set costs; these run all the time.

Back