New Supertech "Advanced" Synthetic

Hi guys, wondering if anyone has any thoughts or analysis on the new Supertech "Advanced" Synthetic. It's $16.50 (only $2 more than the regular synthetic) and claims to be good for 20,000 miles. Hoping this is a situation like the Mobil Extended Performance where we get more anti-wear additives and whatnot. If it's any good, I'd love to run this stuff.

add pack is a copy and paste of vanilla ST syn

could possibly be using GTL
That would be interesting. Disappointed to hear about the additive pack though. Think I might just stick to Pennzoil as usual then

Here's an existing thread on this oil.

Probably a lot of nuances that can’t be seen in an elemental analysis. I am glad to see more value added to the market space.

Warren Performance Products, who made a lot of Walmart's oils, was sold to a 'private equity' firm (Pritzker) last October. I don't know if this means anything as far as their products but I had more faith in WPP than Pritzker.

Maybe an uptick of the regular synthetic- but I can’t see it being anything crazy better. Granted, it is already a pretty good oil......

Warren Performance Products, who made a lot of Walmart's oils, was sold to a 'private equity' firm (Pritzker) last October. I don't know if this means anything as far as their products but I had more faith in WPP than Pritzker.
Wonder if they are expanding operations and needed an cash infusion. My last company was beholden, but we did O.K. Keeps the old COO and CEO focused on the business and not his parachute

Hi guys, wondering if anyone has any thoughts or analysis on the new Supertech "Advanced" Synthetic. It's $16.50 (only $2 more than the regular synthetic) and claims to be good for 20,000 miles. Hoping this is a situation like the Mobil Extended Performance where we get more anti-wear additives and whatnot. If it's any good, I'd love to run this stuff.
It's still pretty new. We just started getting VOA's on ST AFS 0w-20 and 5w-20 two months ago

At first glance, they don't seem much different than regular STFS. The starting TBN is a bit lower, but I think we're seeing a greater lifespan out of TBN as the Magnesium to Calcium ratio increases, so TBN doesn't look like it needs to be 8.0+ any more to cover a full OCI.

But, that's about as much as we can see until we start to get UOA's in. I'm sure adequate research went in to making sure this oil can withstand 20,000 miles. STFS was already a very solid oil, especially at it's price point

maybe i’ve been conditioned (stockholm syndrome?) by ownership of a vw now, and several mb and a volvo before, but im not driving 20,000 miles on any oil. 10k oci with synthetic, 5k oci with semisynthetic (and now pretty much most conventional) oils. saving some bucks (albeit by spending a few bucks more per jug) to stretch an oci out to 20k miles of alleged engine protection looks like a fool’s errand to this humble commenter.

in 1, 2, 3, cue the advertising campaign that we all need to do a 20k oci because it will halt climate change.

Last edited:
If they are doubling the miles, 10k vs 20k, wouldn't this require a better base stock, I don't think additives alone could accomplish that. Unless of course it is all marketing :)
I would think either that or other optimization to reduce oxidation and degradation of the base oil. We cannot discount that our gasoline quality has been improving for years with a reduction in sulphur content.. So a formulation today to go 20k miles looks much different than one 20 years ago.

I've never used supertech before, I hear it is good stuff, might use it on the Honda odyssey where I actually use specified oil.

Back