Super Tech Advanced Full Synthetic 0W20

Nothing out of the ordinary here. I do wonder if they made any changes going to 20K miles?

Attachments

• Supertech.pdf
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,400
Nothing out of the ordinary here. I do wonder if they made any changes going to 20K miles?
Funny that you posted this today. I just received BS results for Virgin 5W-20 and posted it too. Thanks for sharing.

Funny that you posted this today. I just received BS results for Virgin 5W-20 and posted it too. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the VOA, both of you! I noticed this 10k supertech has a higher TBN than the Advanced you posted. New around here, first post actually. Not an expert by any means but iid think, from what ive read around here, your 20k advanced supertech sample should have had a higher TBN than this regular 10k supertech sample, right? EDIT: im an idiot. This is a 20k sample. Sorry

Last edited:
Thanks for the VOA, both of you! I noticed this 10k supertech has a higher TBN than the Advanced you posted. New around here, first post actually. Not an expert by any means but iid think, from what ive read around here, your 20k advanced supertech sample should have had a higher TBN than this regular 10k supertech sample, right? EDIT: im an idiot. This is a 20k sample. Sorry
On face value and common sense logic, I'd agree. But TBN doesn't have to be a linear measure across all oils. It may take longer to deplete (for example sake and not accurate representation) Mobil1 EP 5w30 with a 7 TBN than say Valvoline Blend 5w30 with the same TBN.

On face value and common sense logic, I'd agree. But TBN doesn't have to be a linear measure across all oils. It may take longer to deplete (for example sake and not accurate representation) Mobil1 EP 5w30 with a 7 TBN than say Valvoline Blend 5w30 with the same TBN.
Thanks for the knowledge! Much appreciated.

I could be wrong but I believe magnesium increase has greatly helped TBN stay higher over long long runs.

Both my Lexus and Toyota call for 10K mile OCIs and they both experience really easy miles so I’m just looking for a solid 10k mile oil. I figure anything that says 20k should be able to do 10k but we will see.

Comparing this to the High Mileage ST full synth, it almost seems like the HM has a slightly beefier additive package. I was considering going to the Advanced Full Synth 0w-20 in our '18 CR-V for its next oil change, but I may just throw in the HM 0w-20 (even with only 24k miles on the vehicle).

Comparing this to the High Mileage ST full synth, it almost seems like the HM has a slightly beefier additive package. I was considering going to the Advanced Full Synth 0w-20 in our '18 CR-V for its next oil change, but I may just throw in the HM 0w-20 (even with only 24k miles on the vehicle).

pretty much identical

Could it be there is more in there than what we can see? Is there a trend to more antioxidants along with standardized high quality basestocks, for example adding to the capability to extend oci’s?

Back