Super Tech FS prices have increased again

I haven't noticed any price changes on Supertech up here in Canada yet (and in fact with currency exchange may even be cheaper here now than in the US)

But I did notice the Costco 2-pack has gone up from $32 last year to $40 this year.

Should probably buy some now before they increase it again
Yes, October to January

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20220201_104234.jpg
    20220201_104234.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 37
ICE vehicles are going to be around for some time to come despite all the praise for EVs. So that market is still sound.

I am getting the notion that the smaller blenders might be getting pinched here more so than the big companies. I still think that in the months to come all oil prices will go up. The bigs have economies of scale to cushion themselves.
They might as well just rename and relable super tech to Mag1. It’s not looking like budget brand right now.

I was thinking the exact opposite, every time I see that on the shelf it's the most full section as if no one ever buys them. Make me wonder why Walmart still carries the brand? Mobil 1, Castrol all pretty sparse. But the $37 containers of RP are all there.

Somebody must buy them though since Walmart doesn't run a storage facility.
Not here. SuperTech doesn't last long on the shelves. Majors don't move well here except M1.

Everything has gone up in price and SuperTech is not immune. Rebates, sales, promotions, etc. don't apply to me. I have better things to do than chase a few dollars and stockpile motor oil.
I used to be big on stockpiling motor oil; now its between 0-2 jugs, no more is needed.

The problem I run into is that every time I go into a Walmart there are people fighting in the motor oil aisle over the last remaining jugs and quart bottles of Royal Purple. I slipped a Walmart employee a $100 bill one time and he tipped me off as to when the shipments come in and the stock gets replenished. Last time I was there I took a tent from the camping aisle and set it up in the motor oil aisle, now if any of those little people want to get their grimey hands on Royal Purple they have to come to me 😈
I think I used to see you in the ammo section all the time when I worked evening shifts. I’d do my grocery shopping when I got off of work at around 3 am and there would be guys sitting on buckets and in camping chairs waiting for sporting goods to stock ammo. You could then find it for sale on the local classifieds website 🤣

$0.88 for a Snickers at the local Walmart.

Really when Havoline DS Synthetic is less than $20 per 6 qt I don't get their store brand pricing. I suspect we may have a new supplier of SuperTech shortly.
Maybe warren petroleum or whatever the new name is has a shortage and is just keeping the shelves stocked by raising the price because they can’t otherwise produce enough. They are just a blender and depend on the big guys like Exxon to sale them the refined oil.
All the other oil products on the shelves at Walmarts around here are pretty scarce.
Perhaps the big guys aren’t selling there oil to smaller blenders as much. Maybe Ashland/valvoline and some other big name blenders take priority. Or maybe the new owners of warren really are just stupid lol

Wm just raised the price by $2 in Canada from 17.xx to 19.xx for 5l. Always surprised that it is a better price in Canada for the same oil.

Back