Super Tech Clearance purchase - 5k runs ok???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was in the local Walmart this morning purchasing a 5 quart jug of oil when I noticed they have several Super Tech filters on clearance sale for .75 cents along with a few Rotella filters for $2.00. It just so happened they had several of the ST3600 filters which fits an older vehicle of mine so I grabbed 2 of them . The Walmart service person said if I would take all 9 of the ST3600 filters he would let me have them all for $1.00 so I took the plunge. Never used the Super Tech filters before but they show a 95% efficiency rating and I do 5,000 miles OCI so hopefully it was a good purchase. I have always bought Motorcraft or Fram Tough Guard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: mctmatt
It just so happened they had several of the ST3600 filters which fits an older vehicle of mine so I grabbed 2 of them . The Walmart service person said if I would take all 9 of the ST3600 filters he would let me have them all for $1.00 so I took the plunge.

GREAT score!
No such luck in the Waco area.

They'll fit most any Ford 4, 6 and 8 cyls (including the 289/5.0),
Chry/Dodge/Plymouth engines, and many, many Toyotas.

I even run a ST3600 on my Harley-Davidson Softail

Perfectly fine filter for 5000 miles and at a "great" price!!! I run them exclusively for the last 40-50 thousand miles on my Baja in signature with NO issues.

I'd rather use a Wix-sourced SuperTech... than the Purolator-sourced CarQuest "Red" filter that my mechanic uses.

That.. as well as the weak motor oil that he gets from RILCO in Rock Island, IL.

Thanks everyone for the input , I will use with confidence and I should be good for oil filters for the Ford Taurus for sometime now.

Originally Posted By: mctmatt
Thanks everyone for the input , I will use with confidence and I should be good for oil filters for the Ford Taurus for sometime now.

I found several 3600's that i will use on a my daughter in laws 02 saturn. I've used them before with no issues.

I purchased 5 of the Walmart Super Tech filters for $2.00 each a while back before they changed the color and filter. I put one on my son's 2012 Honda Civic and I know he will run it from 100% to 0% on the OLM. I read a lot about the filters before I purchased them and have full confidence they will be just fine. His car has over 90,000 miles on it and it has been well maintained but definitely not over-maintained and it runs perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back