Summit Racing Credit Card

Summit is not a place where I usually shop…but they have the item I need at a surprisingly reasonable price and are also offering an additional 15% “rebate” via a statement credit if I open a credit card.

Since this is not an insignificant purchase, I’m fine with the idea.

However, I have no plans to buy from there again for a while. Will they simply keep the credit on my account indefinitely, or will they eventually issue me a refund check? I know that Amex will send me a check if I keep a “credit” on my card for more than a month or two.

Curious if anyone has their card and can comment.

We don't have a credit card with summitracing, but do have an account.. best I can tell you is to view this page or call them for more details.

Is there a 0% promo rate to go with it?

If so, maybe just make the minimum payment at first, receive the credit, then pay off?

Read the fine print.....It is usually on the bottom of the credit card deal.....and then just to be sure read it again...Bteer yet just stay away from them.... I have one card for emergencies and that is it and has a zero balance...

The gottcha I see, is if your next order is under $100, is they have high shipping rates. Need a $5 oring that could be shipped for $2 at most places? You'll pay $12 here.

In my experience, Summit isn't ever the place for cheap S/H. It's a racers best friend, they have what they need. Anyone else are bonus customers, IMO.

It's the opposite...open credit lines increase total available credit which helps your score by dropping your utilization rate.
I think it's all a secret and no one really knows.... I hate to say "I heard" but I understand that having too much available credit can also be seen as a negative. Who really knows ? 😳

Reactions: hrv
and are also offering an additional 15% “rebate” via a statement credit if I open a credit card.

Since this is not an insignificant purchase
It's 15% or "up to $150". Don't know how "significant" your purchase is but in case you didn't see that part.

I saw. I tried calling symphony but it was a hassle, as expected.
I'm sure they have no interest in helping until you have an account. They provide "store" credit cards for probably hundreds if not thousands of places and probably couldn't give you any details about the offer.

I'm sure they have no interest in helping until you have an account. They provide "store" credit cards for probably hundreds if not thousands of places and probably couldn't give you any details about the offer.
I pulled the trigger and signed up for the card. And placed the order. Worse case, I’ll buy a gift card with it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's financing by Synchrony Bank who I would stay away from like the plague, like most store cards they will be anywhere from mid 20's to 30% range, you will never get a low rate with them. They handle the Lowe's cards hence the reason I went with Home Depot even though I shop more over there. You can do a search online about them, lots of negative reviews.

When I purchased my Kawasaki they provided the financing and I couldn't send my payments electronically with them using my credit unions online bill pay so they had to cut a check and physically mail it and still took longer than it should have. One time they had my payment 2 weeks without posting it to my acct but my credit union can track when it was actually received by them. I ended up making another payment over the phone because it was due that day and they had no record of receiving the other payment but both went through that same day. I read online that others had the same problems with them.

That's when I learned to just call the 800 number to make a payment using their system which was a pain as I had to enter all of my information for each payment but if it was before 8pm it was posted for that day.

Last edited:
My Summit card, Home Depot card, & Amazon card is through Synchrony Bank, Long as you pay off within the 0% interest timeframe & make the minimum monthly payment.....They're good as cash in my opinion. Though I pay them down aggressively by paying 4-5X the monthly minimum.

These cards have actually help maintain my credit score as my home & vehicles are paid off.

My Summit card, Home Depot card, & Amazon card is through Synchrony Bank, Long as you pay off within the 0% interest timeframe & make the minimum monthly payment.....They're good as cash in my opinion. Though I pay them down aggressively by paying 4-5X the monthly minimum.

These cards have actually help maintain my credit score as my home & vehicles are paid off.
My Home Depot card is through Citibank, the only time I use it is for those 0% special financing deals.

It's financing by Synchrony Bank who I would stay away from like the plague
My Summit card, Home Depot card, & Amazon card is through Synchrony Bank, Long as you pay off within the 0% interest timeframe & make the minimum monthly payment.....They're good as cash in my opinion.
Our son needed new tires for his car and being young, he had very little credit history (but plenty of cash). I suggested he try for Discount Tire's 6-month, interest-free offer with their credit card (managed by Synchrony). Had zero issues with it and paid it off in a couple months. Heck (feel like a 9 year old saying that), I "borrowed" his card when I needed new tires and did the same. 😂

Our son needed new tires for his car and being young, he had very little credit history (but plenty of cash). I suggested he try for Discount Tire's 6-month, interest-free offer with their credit card (managed by Synchrony). Had zero issues with it and paid it off in a couple months. Heck (feel like a 9 year old saying that), I "borrowed" his card when I needed new tires and did the same. 😂
Yes the 90 days same as cash do work.....as long as you have it paid IN FULL by the 88th day...otherwise it is a killer...

Yes the 90 days same as cash do work.....as long as you have it paid IN FULL by the 88th day...otherwise it is a killer...
Yeap, just pay them off at least 1-2 months early. In his case, for his credit rating, it shows more on-time payments vs just paying it off the first month.

Reactions: hrv
Back