Suggested Oil For 2022 Honda Civic Si - 1.5 l turbo

For fun, go read the comments in SK's videos. It's almost frightening how people think of him. Almost like a God. Seriously. It's super creepy. Comments like "There's life and then Scotty K." Really really scary stuff. One of his latest videos he is talking about his health (I didn't watch it) and the comments. Just wow.

People wonder how "Cults" happen. Just crazy ass people out there...

There are a few UOA here and a few ran on Pennzoil PP 0w20 with good reports to 6k, I have a GM1.5T and used Pennzoil PP 0w20 with good results. I think any Dexos gen2 oil will be good.

Hello all. I obtained a 2022 Honda Civic Si in recent weeks. I will likely be doing 10,000 kms (6k miles) oil changes if the oil life monitor falls in that range - give or take. This has the 200 hp 1.5L turbo motor. I don't drive it hard , but I do drive it a lot , mixed driving city and highway. The car makes decent power for a small engine, about 16 lbs boost, 200 hp and similar torque. We do have long cold winters here, so cold flow is important. These motors have had issues with fuel dilution in past generations when I owned one in 2016.

I want to stick to an oil that is easily found over the counter at our local auto supply store. I have currently have seen Castrol Edge Extended Performance 0w-20 and Pennzoil Ultra 0w-20 as potential candidates, Pennzoil platinum is also available but the pricing isn't much different than their Ultra. Both oils seem to be good candidates for the dreaded LSPI issues of DI small turbo motors (SP), and price wise they seem to be what I expect for a DIY oil change use. I think Amsoil 0w-20 would be a great oil in the future too but I don't have a supply of it at this time. I am still on the factory break-in oil. I don't think there is anything special about Honda branded oil so I will likely stick with OTC oils.

On past NA vehicles I always liked high moly oils, but I don't know if turbo DI setups do well with moly or if low SAPS is the way to go.

Thanks for any replies on this and for reading my post. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Great oil choices esp the Pennzoil! Keep a close eye on oil level tho they are prone to oil burning. Honda had to redesign that motor after initial release due to issues. I hope you don't have any! It's not easy to make a high compression small GTDI engine.

There are a few UOA here and a few ran on Pennzoil PP 0w20 with good reports to 6k, I have a GM1.5T and used Pennzoil PP 0w20 with good results. I think any Dexos gen2 oil will be good.
My Mom is on her 2nd Ford Escape SEL w/ 1.5L DI turbo..both ran Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5k OCI & Motorcraft filters exclusively. Both were trouble-free free, & ran great in every regard.

Great oil choices esp the Pennzoil! Keep a close eye on oil level tho they are prone to oil burning. Honda had to redesign that motor after initial release due to issues. I hope you don't have any! It's not easy to make a high compression small GTDI engine.
I have never ever heard that nor seen even when a tech at Honda? Can you elaborate?

Back