Subaru OEM filter opened - SOA 6351520815

Base model. Got it on sale for 25K (before trade) during epidemic.

HVAC controls on touch screen, seats, automatic, hard to get kayak on roof, problems with it chewing the inside edge completely off the back tires in 20k miles, coolant loss, vehicle too big and just not 'Bohemian' enough for her lifestyle, lol.

I would agree with her, the rear seats were terrible, subaru would do nothing about the incorrect rear wheel geometry, this touch HVAC was terrible. The JP crosstrek has a better rear seat - and just over all better built vehicle. I am "delegated to the rear seat" when we visit my Mother-in-Law once a month.

I will say it steered well, was powerful, had a good highway ride and got excellent fuel mileage - well over 30 mpg average.
The rear suspension issue on this Indiana-built vehicle was a major concern. Wonder if there is a TSB now.

And I was born in Indianapolis! - Ken
Thank you for sharing.

It is interesting three of the items your wife cited are reasons we went with the Forester. It's a bit shorter in length, has a nice mix of button/dial controls including the HVAC (vs everything on a screen) and the seats are excellent, especially for entry/exit of the vehicle.

The Forester is a 100% Japanese built vehicle. Not sure if that is a factor with the coolant and automatic issues.

Looks like we have our vehicles at about the same mileage so I'll keep my eye on that rear suspension.

The only real way you could see if the "larger" diameter ecore vs metal core is to cut them open & lay out the material length.
The total media area can be measured without cutting the media off and laying it out flat. Just need to measure the depth and length of the pleats with a good thin scale to get down into the pleats, and then do a calculation of the area.

The total media area can be measured without cutting the media off and laying it out flat. Just need to measure the depth and length of the pleats with a good thin scale to get down into the pleats, and then do a calculation of the area.
Yeah that could give a good idea of surface area or we push the companies to produce & test each filter that shows us the lazy way. Shown as Cm2 (Centimeter Square) for the filtration area. I'm really digging these new "spec sheets" from Purolator.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...eet-replaced-old-pl45526.372411/#post-6590911

Back