Subaru Eyesight

My eyesight is the only system I trust and wouldn't tolerate that sort of thing in any car. Awhile back I drove a family member's Ford Eco-whatever and has the idiotic start/stop. Yes it does go through the process smoothly/quickly, but still annoying. It can be disabled, but has to be every time the car is started, which is quite annoying. How any lame engineer thinks that sort of 'feature' is efficient is beyond me. What happens to the starter, battery, etc. over time? What happens when the thing fails to start itself and puts the occupants in harms way at an intersection? I have a few family members that heavily rely on the backup camera. Yes I'm sure it guides some in a safer way than what they might normally do without one, but to totally rely on one and never look in mirrors, over your shoulder, etc. just won't cut it for me. Technology can only go so far and do so much. Call me old skool, but I will keep my current ride going as long as possible in an effort to avoid what I consider useless garbage being put in a ride.

Back