0-60 Auto Start Stop on/off Buick Regal TourX

As discussed previously, I was wondering about 0-60 times with AutoSS enabled and disabled, and how it effected the ability to get going in a hurry.

Here are the results...
Temp 66F
FULL tank of 93 octane
Warmed up for ~20 miles on interstate

AutoSS enabled (engine off on launch), time was started the moment my foot hit the floor of the accelerator (Brake to Gas)
Average of three runs - 8.25 seconds

AutoSS disabled (engine running on launch), time was started the moment my foot hit the floor of the accelerator (Brake to Gas)
Average of three runs - 7.80 seconds

AutoSS disabled with power launch (brake and gas held to floor, brake released), time started when foot left brake
Average of three runs - 7.50 seconds

So there you have at least one data point.

Edited because the acronym for Auto Start Stop was not allowed.

That's interesting, about 1/2 second difference. I'm not a fan of start/stop, but I have to admit that 1/2 second is a quick start in normal day to day driving.

Interesting. Once I'm blessed with a vehicle that has it I will disable it on the dealers lot before driving it home, and then permanently with a dongle designed to do so.

Interesting metric however I cannot think of any real use case of doing 0-60 with auto startup.
Sitting at a red light at the end of an exit ramp and realizing a fully loaded gravel truck is not going to stop in time...assessing the situation, and moving out as quickly as possible.

This happened to me, and I was able to move fast enough that it was only superficial damage to the rear bumper and left rear quarter. Since getting a car with AutoSS, I have wondered how it would have performed in a similar situation.

Previous car that was impacted was a Saturn Vue Redline AWD with the Honda 3.5L...so it moved quickly when asked.

Well you got to tell the gravel truck driver he is in fact responsible for things falling from his truck :)

I'd consider your Buick to have a decent response for a conventional starter. I think a '16 Malibu I rented once had a quicker one; it used the alternator in reverse to start the engine.

I have a '17 Buick; my dad had bought a "hood open" disabler box for it when he owned it. It has a side-effect of disabling remote keyfob start, and I sure do like that remote keyfob start in 100F weather to pre-cool the car. Enough that I removed the disabler box.

Well you got to tell the gravel truck driver he is in fact responsible for things falling from his truck :)

I'd consider your Buick to have a decent response for a conventional starter. I think a '16 Malibu I rented once had a quicker one; it used the alternator in reverse to start the engine.

I have a '17 Buick; my dad had bought a "hood open" disabler box for it when he owned it. It has a side-effect of disabling remote keyfob start, and I sure do like that remote keyfob start in 100F weather to pre-cool the car. Enough that I removed the disabler box.

The truck had nothing falling from it...it was literally barreling down on me from behind while sitting at the end of adown hill exit ramp at a red light. He (his company) did pay for the damages, but if I had not been able to move quickly, it would have been MUCH worse.

Back